“Park Inn”

Park Inn by Radisson York
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in York
“Park Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

A short stay with excellent parking facility, though limited spaces I believe. Convenient to York town centre with very clean rooms and excellent staff. The breakfast was buffet style and I enjoyed the usual full English followed by fruit and a pot of tea. Staff were extremely helpful even to providing coffee sachets that were not present in the room after check in.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

1 Thank 652gregb
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Five Stars...... we cannot ask for better, thank you. I am delighted you found the hotel to meet all your expectations and hope that we see you again in the near future.

Warm regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very good location with everything within easy walking distance. Easy to find, as the Park Inn is reputedly "York's second tallest building." We were upgraded so our room was very nice and we got a river view. Friendly and informative staff, excellent breakfast and good working WIFI. We also had no problems with the 12 GBP/day car park attached. This is an older property (thus only a "4" rating), but we'd recommend it highly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
thank you for your positive review of the hotel and the team members. Whilst the exterior of the hotel dates to the 1960s, the interior has been fully refurbished and is fresh and modern and provides some amazing views of the city.

We would be delighted to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to York in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Nice quality hotel on the riverside, and great walking distance into the city. However wish we hadn't bothered paying for breakfast. It was motorway service station standard on both days. Compared to other corporate chains offering this standard of accommodation breakfast was very poor.

Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast as this is at variance to other comments posted. I will however ensure that the Head Chef is made aware of your feedback and will review the situation. I am pleased that in all other respects you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband, my mother and I recently went to York and stayed in The Park Inn by Radisson. It is very centrally situated in North Street right of the bank of the River Ouse in York, England. The reception area is large and bright with three small reception desks, not all of which are necessarily manned. There is also a separate disabled entrance at the side, but the slope on that is quite steep.

I am not quite sure how the layout of this hotel came into being. It is not easily navigated on a first visit. I suspect that additional parts of the building have been acquired at different times. The net result of this is that there is a long walk from the reception to the dining room. There are also two different sets of elevators that may require to be found and negotiated, depending on the part of the building in which your allocated room is situated. When we went on a recent family visit to York my mother, who has rather poor mobility, found it impossible to walk along the lengthy corridor from one set of lifts to the other. When she was in her wheelchair, the undulations in the corridor posed a whole set of different challenges as her chair was wont to rush down slopes and then required substantial effort to get it moving back up again.

The rooms are bright: these and the en-suites were all spotlessly clean. The facilities in the disabled suite were modern and carefully designed for ease of use. The hospitality trays are also well stocked and extras including an iron, ironing board and hairdryer were provided in the rooms. The towels are very thick and fluffy, amongst the best I have experienced out-with a 5* hotel.

We did have a problem with our booking. This was no fault of the hotel’s and the manager, Kate Gillyan was very helpful in resolving this. She was also most attentive to my mother and I appreciated this.

The dining room was not open on our first night. I am not sure why. However, my mother was too tired for us to go out to eat so we opted to eat in the bar at a table sitting looking out over the River Ouse. The staff were very attentive but not intrusive. It was really very pleasant and our meal was delicious!

The beds were comfortable and we all slept well. At breakfast, my Mum was not able to negotiate the four steps down to the dining room. I was surprised there was no ramp, however, there were a few tables available without going down the stairs and the staff were very kind about ensuring a table was set for us there. It did mean that my Mum could not see exactly what was on offer though. Still, the breakfast is the usual buffet format. The choices were tasty and varied. It was very good value at only £10 each.

So, despite the peculiar layout of this hotel, we did all enjoy our stay and I would certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Make sure you know where your room is before you try to get to it, if you have mobility issues. hot...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Val P
Good afternoon. Thank you so much for your very comprehensive review of your recent stay and the kind words expressed regarding the team members and the service they provided, especially to your mother. It is very much appreciated and we would be delighted to welcome you back when your are next visiting York.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I usually stay at the Hilton when visiting York, but due to their price hike the university booked me into Park Inn Radison. I'll be requesting this hotel again in future. Room was comfortable, bed lovely and comfy and I'm fussy. The bar/coffee shop was a great asset overlooking the river and I enjoyed evenings and daytime meetings here. Food was good. A huge plus was the free wifi in all areas for checking emails and surfing the web. Understandably you pay more for streaming video. TV had more channels than I'm used to in a hotel, plus radio stations so that was great. Staff were very helpful. Location is excellent, near to the station and centre of York. Very quiet. Breakfast bar was good, though basic, but you could eat as much as you wanted. Definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in York.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have good mobile phone access so bear that in mind if that is essential.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Good afternoon. A few words to thank you for your very positive review of your recent visit to the Park Inn by Radisson on business. A good nights sleep and good food are essential when away from home and I am delighted that you found we ticked the box for both. The free WiFi is a great bonus too. We hope to see you again soon, either for business or pleasure but ensure you join the Club Carlson loyalty scheme so that you benefit from discounts and special offers.

Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My friend & I stay here from Friday - Sunday .I booked on Booking .com which you pay when you get to the hotel.Staff were very helpful. About a 10 mins from train station plus 5 mins from the town.We did not have breakfast as there is so many places to eat & drink in the town.We would stay here again because of the location.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Good morning and thank you for your review. It sounds as though you had a great time here in York and enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry you did not try out the great breakfast we offer - there are so many things to try so perhaps next time you may consider this. it is only £10 per person if you book at the time of reservation or on arrival at the hotel with reception.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I booked a twin room on booking.com but was informed by the man on reception it would be a double. I had requested a cot for my baby and was told there was no cot. Rather than apologise the man said it was my fault for trying to get a cheap deal though booking.com. this site had come up in google and I had gone for the only vacant hotel near the train station. When I arrived in my room a cot had been thrown in the doorway half erected. Two men arrived unprompted to put it up some time later.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Abby A
Please accept my apologies if you perceived the receptionist to be rude. Unfortunately, it would appear there was no record on your reservation of a request for a cot but the team did immediately organise for one to be placed in your room. However, the person delivering the cot had problems setting it up and left to gain assistance, hence the arrival of the team members. I do hope this clarifies the situation for you and that you will consider us again should your travels bring you back to York.