“Radisson should be ashamed.”

Park Inn by Radisson York
Ranked #30 of 46 Hotels in York
rome
“Radisson should be ashamed.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Upon arriving in the room, we noticed the need for more space, however when we moved one of the twin beds to make more space we discovered pubic hair and cracker crumbs. The maids obviously only vacuum the visible parts of the room. Disgusting!
Although we complained by going directly to the front desk concerning the unacceptable banging of the fire door, due to a badly adjusted closing mechanism. No action was taken.
Overall, our experience of the Park Inn was lackluster because of previous positive experiences of other Radisson hotels.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank peregrino-perduto
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
I am obviously disappointed to read that your experience did not meet your expectations as your comments are very much at variance with other reviews. If you would like to discuss your observations with me in personal, I can be contacted directly on sally.hughes@rezidorparkinn.com.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Liverpool
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is the second time I've stayed here and the first time I felt the need to write a review. It is what it is and is a five minute walk from York railway station. The two times I have been there it has been understaffed. Checking out around 09:00 hours over a weekend is an interesting experience with a, at best, a twenty minute queue. The rooms are average but it really does what it says on the tin. There is no such thing as a cheap hotel in York and there is nothing wrong with this hotel within the financial demographic inside Eboracum's walls. It is on the banks of the River Ouse. Slap bang in the centre of town and within walking distance of the Minster district. The Bar has a fantastic view over the river and a good selection of drinks. As I started, so shall I finish, it was what it is and I cannot fault it for that. The fact that I find it sanguine is neither here nor there. For a weekend break in York, it works on a budget.

Room Tip: A River view is always a good call.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank wwwlsnr30
Good evening. thank you for your review. I have taken note of your comments regarding check out times and will review this with the Front Office Manager but please accept my apologies for any delays which you incurred. Our overall aim is to continually improve our service levels, so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

In other respects it would appear you find the hotel to meet your requirements so I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night for my partners birthday. Not the most attractive exterior, but its lovely inside. Rooms were clean and minimalistic. Bathroom was spotless. Was upgraded to river view complimentary, well worth it. Its literally 5 mins walk to the minster and all York attractions. Would recommend it to anyone. And it was a great price, exceeded our expectations for £60!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ryancraig
Good evening. Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the hotel. It sounds as though you took advantage of one of our great offers which are often available on the Park Inn website. York is a really popular dstination so if you are considering returning in the future may I suggest you book early and with our advanced purchase rates you can be confident of receiving the best rates available via our Park Inn website.

Kind regards
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Ideal location as only minutes away from all the central attractions of York! Our room was on the 7th floor and gave a splendid view of York Minster. Staff all very friendly and hotel comfortable and clean. Rather disappointed that car parking charges were extra!

Room Tip: Higher floor riverside have fab view of York Minster.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanna R
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Good morning Joanna; Thank you for taking the time to write. it is always pleasing to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay and I know the team will be pleased to read your feedback. We are extremely fortunate to have such secure car parking facilities at the hotel and a recent review confirms that the charges are in line with other hotels in the city centre. We are located so close to the railway station that some of our guest chose to use the train, as once here there is no further need for a car if the purpose of your visit is to experience the many visitor attractions and some retail therapy, so this may be an option if you have plans to visit in the future.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location right next to the river and a stones throw from the bridge to the heart of York. The hotel was as you would expect, nice but nothing special, a bit pricy due to its location and it's a long long walk to the place where breakfast is served.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank ArtShopWill
Good morning. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope we will have the pleasure of you staying with us again. The location is just perfect; close to shops and all visitor attractions and with amazing views of the River Ouse.

Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I visited the Park Inn by Radisson in York with dread. I have stayed several times previously and I hated it. This time was very different though.

I want to get things straight up front. This is a 3 star chain hotel and so I'll compare it against other 3 star chain hotels.

The building itself is by the river and pretty functional looking in comparison to some other buildings in York. The site is very central and only a quick stroll to the Minister, National Railway Museum and Jorvik centre.

Last time I was here the room was dated, smelled oddly of egg and was really noisy, so you can imagine my trepidation of a room in the garden court yard area.

It is a big building so I had to take 2 lifts walk past a lot of conference rooms to go up 4 floors.

The room itself was modern, clean and comfortable. There was enough space to store my things, and a nice bathroom with double sized shower. My room didn't overlook the courtyard, or the river, I got a lovely view of some aircon units.

The services in the room where good, free WiFi allowing me to check mails etc browse and connect to the VPN on my laptop, and the usual tea and coffee facilities. One plus for a hotel of this level was having my own iron and board, I really don't like having to ask for one when I'm away on business.

I didn't eat dinner in the hotel so can't comment on that. The one drink I had in the bar overlooking the river was served quickly and professionally. The breakfast was the usual buffet affair it was pretty fresh and warm so no problems there.

All in all this was a good trip. I slept well and didn't gear the air con units through the night so that was a plus. For the standard of the hotel everything was very good.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Good afternoon James; thank you so much for your extensive review of your recent stay at the hotel. It certainly sounds as though you enjoyed your time here in York and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back this way.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night while stopping over on a business trip. York is always a delight to visit and this hotel was a delight to stay at. Staff were friendly, onsite parking was excellent, location was perfect and the rooms were clean and cosy. The shower in the room was one of the best I've had in a hotel in a long time. Would definitely recommend and shall return in future when visiting York.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Good afternoon; Many thanks for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be perfect for your needs. The city is certainly beautiful and never more so when the sun is shining. Don't leave it too long before you come back to visit us.