Park Inn by Radisson York
Jorvik House(York)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
2,286 results
All reviewsriver viewcar parksuperior roomcity centrereception stafffire alarmrailway stationgreat central locationsecure parkingper dayironing boardbuffet stylebreakfast roomwould stay againshort stayone night stayfew minutes walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

went to a business meeting ,ideal venue by the river ,central but not a very good parking place.bacon butties were good the toilets were clean and the staff friendly . the walk along the river was really close to all the sites in York the railway museum ,the bar walls the minster great location !

Room Tip: overlook the river
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your time in York and that the hotel met your expectations. Please accept my apologies for any problems you encountered with parking; we have 60 spaces but unfortunately on rare occasions the demand is high and the car park fills quickly.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

As a business traveller I stay in a number of Hotels, this Hotel placed physically in the centre of York has some good views and easy walking access to the town centre. Parking at the hotel costs £12 a night which I did not expect, my room, by chance was quite small and I had to struggle past the end of the bed to get past the hard, rather uncomfortable plastic chair to use my computer. The link for this was good.
My evening meal seemed to take ages to arrive and when it did (Grilled Chicken, fried tomato, mushroom and unpeeled potato chips) the chips were very hot, the tomato cold, the mushroom looked old and was overcooked, warmish and for some reason the chicken did not smell nice. The peppercorn sauce I just did not like. I ate a few chips and left. The nice lady at the till did not charge me, which was honest and fair. This was the first time I have ever complained about food, anywhere I think. Breakfast was typical and good. The receptionist was brilliant in the morning and very helpful as another had been the previous evening..
So, overpriced parking, small (well equipped) room, poor evening meal and to round it off, people shouting outside in the street in the middle of the night. Perhaps I would have enjoyed it more if I were sightseeing and skipped the meal.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms overlooking the street where builders and night revellers are.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

thank you for your honest feedback about your recent stay. I am obviously disappointed to hear that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations and send you my apologies. Your feedback is however very useful and will be reviewed with the Head Chef as this is not the normal standard and I do hope it will not deter you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is everything a good hotel should be, including the warm welcome. It seems to run like clockwork - nothing appears to go wrong or to be missing, but you rarely see or hear the work going on. It's situated almost in the heart of the town centre, but we were never disturbed by noise, either from inside or out, during our 4 night stay. Plus, it has its own spacious car park. It's comfortable, friendly, spacious, smart, interesting, and human in scale, in spite of its size. Don't be put off by the unprepossessing outside. Two small faults - shortage of space for clothes for two of us for 4 days (perhaps I just brought too much stuff?) and a small fridge in the room would have been helpful for special dietary needs. I'd challenge you to find better value for money in York.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Elizabeth J
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Good morning Elizabeth. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time here in York and hope you had a safe journey home.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Staying for a two day business meeting, I was allocated a room in the more modern part of the hotel - an extension built with mor empathy for historic York. A decent sized room, with a decent sized shower room.. All I needed for the comfort of a short stay, including an iron and ironing board to cure my wrinkled shirts. It was a little noisy due to being on a lower floor, with a river view walk just below my private balcony. And with the on-going World Cup, some fans did enjoy signing as they strolled along the riverbank. Breakfast was good, the usual self-service buffet and though the hotel was busy, no queues - even at the toaster.

The conference room was a little warm and, for a short time, I could hear a drill somewhere close. Painting and similar renovation was evident. It's much needed as parts of the hotel looked jaded.

Room Tip: A higher floor would be quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Good morning. Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your return visit to the Park Inn York. The hotel was extensively refurbished in the last 2 years and we strive to ensure that the standards are maintained throughout the hotel; I am delighted you noticed such a positive difference and hope it will not be too long before we see you again, perhaps for pleasure on this occasion rather than business?

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hotel is near the river but also near the center and also near the railway station. Very modern, from the window you can see history going around. Little bit cold but fantastic breakfast and nice place for walking from century to century in the old city.

Dear Ivana

I am very pleased to hear that you found the location of the hotel to be perfect for your business trip to York and hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.