“Excellent Location , Very Clean, Lovely bar area, but COLD breakfast”

Park Inn by Radisson York
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had a great stay at this hotel. Its very clean, some rooms have a wonderful view. Car park is small at 12 pound per day...get here early to get in. The bar area was very nice with a lovely view. It is abit romantic. We enjoyed our stay but breakfast was cold/luke warm but it tasted nice. we booked through a internet booking service (no straight to hotel) and we recived an free upgrade but the view is worth paying for i think. This hotel is in the centre of york, with access to all main attractions. you may want to think about booking a taxi fo you are going to the races but it is walkable if you are energetic and like to walk over 1.5 mile I would guess.

Room Tip: the ones over looking the canal.
1  Thank neiljoanne
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Neil and Joanne;

I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your visit to York and the races. The hotel is in a perfect location in the heart of the city and whilst many people do walk to the racecourse, it can can be more of a challenge for ladies wearing high heels in the warm weather! Thank you for letting me know about the temperature of the food at breakfast; I will certainly review this will the Head Chef.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. The race meetings are always very busy so I would recommend booking a room as early as possible via the Park Inn website.

There are newer reviews for Park Inn by Radisson York

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent because I have nothing bad to say. We had a very pleasant stay at this hotel in July 2014. The staff were very friendly. Our bedroom (which I assume was a standard double occupancy) was very comfortable. We had a river view and a balcony, I would really recommend paying the extra. Check in was fast and efficient. There was a small issue with our bedroom (two single beds); the reception staff apologised profusely and moved us to the room we wanted. The bathroom was lovely, comfortable and looked recently refurbished.
Overall cleanliness was faultless.
Location was perfect, and I was not bothered by any outside noise (maybe half the bottle of wine at dinner helped...).

Room Tip: Rooms with balcony and river view/side are worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sylvia C

Good evening Sylvia. A few words to thank you for your very positive feedback. We are always delighted to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay and I will ensure your kind comments are shared with the team. I do hope it is not too long before we see you again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend has just came back from a night staying at this hotel. Overall experience was good, we weren't in the hotel much as we were out shopping during the day and having lunch. But very clean and tidy from walking into reception to your room. We stayed in a standard size double room which had great facilities; iron, iron board, hair dryer, free view telly, safe box. Wardrobe space- not a lot but for one night it was ok. There was a couple of drawers as well for stuff. Beds very comfortable, fresh sheets and towels. Location absolutely fantastic!! Five minute walk to all popular bars and the river. Shops not to far away either, short walking distance. Would do recommend this hotel and will look to come back only problem was the parking, the parking space was not enough, we could not get a space in the hotels car park but the staff were helpful in directing us to another long stay car park for the same price. Thanks for a great time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessicaaingham

Good afternoon Jessica. Many thanks for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us and hope we will have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here for one night as I was meeting up with some friends for a University reunion and also doing some sightseeing the following day.
The hotel is in an excellent location, less than 10 minutes from the both the train station and much of the tourist sites.
There was a long queue at check in when I arrived at about 2pm, but this was cleared quite quickly and I they had a room ready which was great.
The rooms were typical of a Park Inn standard, clean, comfortable and having all the amenties needed for a short stay.
I did not eat in the hotel but did visit the bar which had very nice river views.
All the staff encountered in my stay were very friendly and helpful.
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel.

Good afternoon Declan.

I just wanted to say a big thank you on behalf of the team for your kind comments and hope we will have the pleasure of you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hotel is a good location for visiting York. You can walk to almost everywhere. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. Breakfasts are good and so are dinners if you are with a group and eat there, which we did. Staff are very helpful. We did have an issue with the door lock batteries but it was tended to right away. We did have a bit of street noise - it was World Cup time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the river not the street.

Dear Ellen

I have shared your comments with the team who are very pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay here in York and we hope you will take the opportunity to visit us again should your travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

starting from entering hotel staff were pleasant and helpful at reception. I did have an issue with bunting flags outside room which we're flapping in the wind. on speaking to staff as I like windows open they moved my room immediately, which was very positive. I had seen previous reviews regarding catering but did not find on my visit the criticism to be founded. I wanted to eat in the bar which I was told by staff I did not have to book for, I was informed of what I would expect as a service time and ordered a drink from the bar, a starter and a main. Debbie H sorted this out perfectly and also an enquiry I had regarding matters that I needed to know about the next day. I was served efficiently and courteously by Alex. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal which had pastry which does not microwave as it goes limp, the pastry was crisp . I have one negative for a radisson and that is the wardrobe and lack of ironing board and iron which I expect at such a hotel chain. It is available on request however. Other than that the room was bright clean and functional. My comment is well done thank you.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a good standard depends whether you want a view from your room. I suggest go out of...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your very kind comments about your recent stay. I am sorry the Tour de France bunting proved a challenge but delighted to hear that the team sorted this out and you received such memorable service from Debbie and Alex.... I will be sure to tell them how much their Yes I Can hospitality was appreciated.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Really good experience start to finish. Booked on-line a couple of days before for a one night stay on Sunday 6th July (yes, the day of 'le grand depart' when York was guaranteed to be chocca-block with tourists and cyclists and there would almost certainly be no hotel rooms spare). However I was amazed to find this deal available on the Park Inn website - £69.30 including breakfast for a double room - sounds good, can't go wrong at that price. Having stayed there (many years) before, we knew its location is perfect (city centre and by the river), the price was good - hence we booked it. Arrived, parked the car (£12 per day a tad steep perhaps), checked in and went to our room which was fine in all aspects. Very clean, large bed, really nice en-suite with large shower, Sony TV, coffee and tea facilities (no hot chocolate) - all boxes ticked.
A very pleasant evening exploring York followed then back to the first floor bar for a night cap overlooking the river - all very pleasant.
Breakfast next morning was cracking. It had everything you come to expect from hotel buffet breakfasts, Good selection and choice, and really tasty. All in all - really good value.
We enjoyed our one night stay so much that we asked Lauren (who was on reception that morning) if we could be accommodated for another night. She was very helpful and whilst the internet rate couldn't quite be achieved, she got very close (£75 b&b), so.... we stayed another night!
As said earlier - great location, great value, great staff - great stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Good evening. I was delighted to hear that you were able to join the unique experience of York hosting a stage of the Tour de France; Yorkshire looked stunning and all the local residents and visitors to the city appear to have had a day to remember. It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel so please ensure you check out the Park Inn website for the very best rates and special offers so that you can come back and visit us again soon.