“Enjoyable stay.”

Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in York
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay.”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My 3rd visit tp the Park Inn was the most enjoyable. Friendly welcome from Justin at check-in and a beautifully cool room on a red hot day. Great view of the river and Minster, room very clean and loads of space. Superb choice at breakfast and staff helpful and friendly. Look forward to going back in September.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Good afternoon; It is always a pleasure to welcome you back to the hotel and wanted to let you know that I have passed on your comments to the team who are all very pleased to know how much you enjoy your stays with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Recently had a 2 night stay. Hotel is situated on the River Ouse and our room overlooked the river. We were only 10 minutes walk from York Minster and all the sights. Plenty of choice at breakfast. Never ate in the restaurant as there was a group staying at the hotel at the same time and were going to eat there so we were told we could not go in.

On checking into the room we only had 1 bath towel and 1 hand towel and 1 flannel when the room was for 2 people. Phoned house keeping and someone was going to bring the towels up to the room but after an hour and no one had arrived we then spoke to someone in Reception and it was then sorted.

Room was clean and had tea and coffee making facilities. Free wifi and a safe.

As we had travelled by car, the hotel had an underground car park and the charge £12 a day which I thought rather expensive.

Staff polite, friendly and efficient.

Room Tip: River view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed your time in York and hope you benefitted from the warm weather which certainly enhances an already beautiful city. I am sorry you were not advised that you could have eaten in the RBG bar and grill overlooking the river, as the menu is exactly the same as in the restaurant. For your information, in case you stay again, the additional towels should be stored in the drawer near the luggage rack but I apologise for the inconvenience.

I do hope we will see you again should your travels bring you back this way.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

stayed for 4 nights in double standard room .

PROS
great location for centre /river
friendly staff
clean
comfy bed
quiet hotel despite size and being fully booked didn't hear any hotel noise
nice bar with river views
safe, hairdryer, free wifi , in room

CONS
room to small as no wardrobe or chest drawers to put clothes just 4 small metal hangers on wall for clothes (suitable for suits for businessman IMO) our room (no 238 ) was looking on to a wall and had the air con units outside our window so that made a noise 24/7 which was a let down as the we didnt hear any other noise but this was right next to window next to bed , Iron was useless not a steam iron did not iron well at all .

the hotel is 2 separate buildings that has been ajoined together , we were on 2nd floor but the lift cant take you direct to the 2nd floor so you either have to get lift in reception to 1st floor or walk up stairs , then get out of lift walk a very long corridor get in another lift to get out on 2nd floor, you also had to use your keycard for lift which didnt always work and you could be in lift for ages putting it in and out and we seen a few people with same problem .

for the price we paid £400 (on a offer) 4 nights no breakfast or car parking I wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: if not good on your feet make sure you do not get 2nd floor . room no 238 on 2nd floor is over...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. I have taken note of your comments and will review them with the management team, especially with regards to the iron. I agree that steam irons are better and wanted to let you know that we are in the process of replacing them.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel in central location however, overpriced and furnishings in dining area especially tired and in need of facelift, breakfast choice also restricted and unimaginative.
Disappointed as we have stayed in Park Inn Hotels before but would not return to this hotel

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Colin W
Dear Colin

I am obviously disappointed to read that you did not feel you received value for money during your recent stay but wanted to let you know that the restaurant is due to be refurbished in the coming months which will definitely improve the image and ensure it is in line with the contemporary design of the other public areas of the hotel.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was in York only 2 weeks ago and was invited back to stay 2 nights at the Park Inn by Radisson with two family members, I must say I was impressed. Could it be the fabulous rooms we had over looking the river Ouse, but to add to our pleasant stay our rooms (2) also had balconies (only 14 rooms have balconies), you could almost dip your hand in the river Ouse it was so close. The breakfast was indeed excellent and the staff most attentive, so top marks there. The Park Inn is so convenient for York city centre, a short walk to the bridge, over the river and you are right in the middle of all the attractions York has to offer. Also just a short stroll away is the departure point for the river cruises (or should we say trips). Whilst every thing in the Park Inn was perfect, I am unable to comment on the cost of our rooms as it was a family treat, but I would certainly recommend the Park Inn by Radisson. After our 2 nights stay we travelled north for a further 2 nights stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Durham, so look out for that review folks !

Room Tip: River view with balcony - Wow !
1 Thank Alan R
Dear Alan

Thank you very much for your full review of your recent stay at the Park Inn York. it is always so pleasing for the team to know that their hard work is appreciated and I will ensure your comments are shared with them. It sounds as though you really love the Park Inn and Radisson Blu brands so please keep an eye on our website.... there are some beautiful hotels across the world and new ones opening every month so why not take advantage of some amazing rates and explore new places.

Warm regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Before I start a large majority of the staff working were really nice and tried to deal with the problems in which we had accordingly and we appreciate the effort in which they placed in order to solve the problems. However, there were some major problems in which we had with the actual service in which we were given. For example, we had called earlier to the hotel to confirm requests in which we made prior to the arrival and they had stated that they had already a confirmed the requests, but when we arrived they had to place someone else in a different room in order to reach the requirements. One of the requests was to have our room enlarged due to the fact that we had an extra person but then we were placed into a smaller room and they had to move furniture around in order to fit an extra bed into an already crowded room.
Secondly, during breakfast we were placed near the window and we found a large amount of ants on the table and obviously we were not pleased as ants aren't supposed to be infesting the place in which we will be eating. In addition to the ants, a worker there, whilst cleaning the ants made a remark -"Have you never seen ants before in your country?". From the tone in which I heard her say that in was not to be taken as a joke. I have grown up in London and know what ants are and what they look like I just don't expect them to be in a place in which we eat. The remark in which they made was inappropriate. Also the ants were crawling all over our body and that was where we drew the line. Finding ants on our body was disgusting.
Overall, the experience was unforgettable for the wrong reasons but a large amounts of the staff were really nice and the food there was good aswell.

Room Tip: Make sure that if you have any special requests you make sure that you call prior to arrival to conf...
2 Thank H C
Good evening; Whilst all feedback is appreciated I am disappointed to hear that you found some elements of the serv ice provided were unsatisfactory. I understand however that your concerns were dealt with at the time by the Director of Operations.

Regards
Sydney
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here recently for one night and paid the most for a single room that I had anywhere in the UK in the last 3 weeks of travelling. What I got was the smallest room I have ever stayed in with barely room to move. Furthermore, the walls and paintwork were scuffed and chipped, the ensuite smelt, there were building noises all night (I presume from the lift and ventilation systems) and the quilt cover was ripped. I did not like the shower as the pressure was poor and the rain showerhead might have seemed like a good idea but it was actually not pleasurable to use as I didn't want my head wet all the time. The location by the river was great and convenient to the train station and central York and the service was also friendly and efficient. Just a shame I paid so much for a disappointing room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Good evening; I am naturally disappointed to read about your experiences at the Park Inn. The single rooms are cosy, as described on the website, and the rates, as in any city, vary according to the demand. If you stayed during the recent race weekend then, in line with all other hotels in the city, the room rates are a little higher than usual. The decor should however have been much better than you describe, and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will certainly speak with the Housekeeping Manager and ensure these matters are addressed. I do hope that otherwise you enjoyed your time in York and wish you a safe journey home.