“A Nice Hotel With Good Location”

Park Inn by Radisson York
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Spent 3 nights at this hotel and found it to be comfortable and well situated
It is a short walk to,the city center.
The rooms are modern and although not large have most amenities
The wi fi didn't work as well as I would have liked but it was free in your room and throughout
The hotel
There is a nice view of the river

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Bradyboy2! Many thanks for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to read that you found the hotel to be perfect for your needs so I do hope that you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to York.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,140)

Reviewed 2 September 2014

We had a late booked break in York at the Park hotel which is right next to river and only a five minute walk to the shops and restaurants,The hotel room was excellent a really comfortable bed and a very good shower and over looking the river,The buffet breakfast had plenty of choice just about something for everyone all though we would prefer a fresh cooked breakfast

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Good afternoon. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your time in York and hope it is not too long before we welcome you back to this beautiful city. Why not check out the Park Inn website to take advantage of some special rates?

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Walking distance to all attractions, parking on site in gated inside car park at an extra cost, hotel was clean and tidy with basic amenities,helpful staff, swift check in/out breakfast was good and enough to choose from, rooms were a little pricy but it is York, overall would recommend and would visit again

Room Tip: over looking river
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write; I am delighted you found the location of the hotel to be ideal for your visit and the facilities we offer met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I stayed in this hotel at the end of a week long holiday on the way back home to Glasgow. I stayed with my elderly mother (83) and due to the good location and the 'Park Inn' brand ( I stay at the Heathrow Park inn with work frequently and it is absolutely excellent) I had high expectations.
The room was pre paid due to my 'elite gold' status on the Park Inn's reward programme, but the woman at reception still asked for payment, this was the first mistake. Then, when I asked if the room was an upgraded one (due to my status on the programme) she said that it was the 'best room available.'
When we got to the lift (we were on the fifth floor) it was broken. A male receptionist took us up in it despite the fact it went to every floor and didn't open on some which was distressing enough, but proceeded to tell us that he didn't know why we had been booked in this particular wing, as they knew the lift was broken! I was outraged, and asked him to take us back to reception to get re-booked. I couldn't possibly face the posibility that my 83 year old mother might have to negotiate 5 flights of stairs.
This time, the same woman said that there were no other twin rooms left in the 'other' wing, so I asked for a King bed size in the room. The guy who had brought us down pointed to a room on her screen and said '220 is a twin room.' She answered, 'yes but I was putting them in a King.' all this was said to each other, ignoring us, and then she proceeded to give us a very sub standard twin, with no explanation, which overlooked a busy back road.
Like another traveller, we could not sleep for the noise. The room (despite me being gold elite) was very much below standard, without even a fridge. What incensed me even more was the plethora of posters which tried to get people to join the points programme, as they would get upgraded rooms with magnificent views of the cathedral and the river Ouse.....It was almost as if the fact that I was on the points programme she presumed we were getting something for nothing, so gave us the lowest standard room. i would have complained about the blatent lie of there not being another suitable room available, whether I had been on the programme or not.
In all the hotels we stayed in that week (7 in total) the service in this one was appalling, in the other points programme hotels we were treated like VIPs, and really enjoyed the experience.
This stay, and especially the service was overall a shambles......

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river (and good luck with that!) as the back street is extremely nois...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank daisypop1
ParkInnYorkCity, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Madam. May I apologise for the problems you experienced during your recent stay at the hotel. It is unfortunate that your arrival at the hotel coincided with some maintenance work on one of the lifts in the hotel. This in itself would have caused little disruption to the the comfort of our guests but unfortunately, quite unusually, the second lift developed a fault. We were able to resolve this fault fairly quickly, but in the interim the decision was made to try allocate rooms in an area of the hotel where these lifts were not required, in order to cause least inconvenience to our guests in accessing a room.

For our guests who enjoy Gold elite membership of the loyalty scheme, we do allocate the best room available within the category of room booked, in line with the scheme; unfortunately due to the fact that the hotel was fully booked that evening we were unable to offer a complimentary upgrade as you would have wished.

I am sorry if we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, but hope you understand that we were dealing with an unusual problem at the time.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the York attractions, we had visited York before and love the city of York.
The hotel could have been cleaner- more attention needs to be paid to the bathroom and beside the beds.
The food was very average. Although the quantity of breakfast was very good, the quality and appeal left a lot to be desired.
The hotel staff were excellent, and every effort was made to ensure we were comfortable.

Room Tip: We had a river view room and although there were night revellers at hotels across the river , becau...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nanny0002014

Thank you for your feedback; I am however a little disappointed to hear that you found some faults with your room as we are invariably receive extremely positive with regards to cleanliness standards. Please be assured that I will speak with the Head Housekeeper. I agree, the river views are certainly amazing and it is certainly well worth paying to upgrade to these rooms.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Our trip was spoiled by two main things, which prevented us from good night's sleep. Firstly, the beds were very uncomfortable because the mattresses had seen better days. Secondly, on 2 consecutive nights we were woken up by both nighttime revelers and various early morning bangs and crashes made by trash collectors, street cleaners etc. if we were ever to stay at the hotel again (which we won't) we would definitely insist on a room facing the river and not the street.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Whilst it is never good to hear when a guest has not enjoyed all aspects of their stay, all feedback is welcome. I am a little surprised to hear that you found the mattress was not suitable, but wish to assure you that they are certainly not old. We have an amazing city centre location, with all the benefits that provides, but as with any city there are inevitably on occasions the associated city centre noises. I am sorry to hear, that despite the double glazing, you were disturbed and even more disappointed that you would not therefore consider staying with us again the future.

Regards

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We were really happy with our stay at this hotel. Easy to find and just a short walk from all the shops. The reception staff were friendly and informative. We were able to leave our bags when we checked in and checked out so we didn't have to lug them around York with us. The room was spotlessly clean. There was an ironing board and iron which is a first for most hotels and also nice to have a bath too. Also great to have free wifi for a change! The breakfast was lovely - a great selection of food and although a buffet style, the hot food was reasonably warm, not gone cold like often happens on a buffet breakfast. Clean and modern reception area where you could sit and wait to be picked up. The only very minor negative (but doesn't apply to heavy sleepers like me), was that my Mum said there was quite a lot of noise outside from about 5am (which I assume would be deliveries etc) but she is a very light sleeper anyway. We were in room 118 which is on the first floor at the front of the hotel. We would definetely stay here again. Just as good, if not better, than a Premier Inn.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

It sounds as though you had a great time here in York and the hotel lived up to your expectations. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback and I know the team will be delighted to hear that their Yes I Can! customer service made all the difference.