From the moment we arrived and were upgraded we knew we had chosen the right place. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and the swimming pool and spa is a wonderful way to relax. You can have tea on the terrace or in the lounge overlooking the sunken garden where you can also enoy an aperitif on the comfortable sofas before dinner. Every request is met with a smile and the response "No problem". The bedrooms are spacious and comfortable and, because the hotel is off the main road, peaceful. This is indeed a luxurious escape but you can also go into York and walk the walls, see the museums, take a boat trip on the river, go to the theatre or explore the shambles. We were reluctant to leave and will certainly be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall York