The house and grounds at Middlethorpe were beautiful and memorable. But what
we’ll remember above all is the exceptional meal we had there. We enjoyed something that is rare to find – a perfectly sized and proportioned dinner. More than that, each course was exquisite. We had a Beetroot Terrine and Quail to start, and a Lamb dish that was brilliant – a beautiful combination of flavors and textures, each of which stood on its own, but which also existed in harmony with all the components of the dish. Mu husband actually had trouble deciding which taste he wanted to end the course with, it was that good. Size, flavor, texture, harmony – a beautiful meal in a beautiful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York