A superb hotel in beautiful surroundings. All you would expect from a country house hotel. The staff were friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The room we had looked out over the garden and was very clean and well maintained. We dined in the restaurant twice over our stay and the food was beautifully presented and always hot. The only negative we found was that the menu remained the same throughout our 4 day stay and would benefit from perhaps one additional main dish changed each day. Breakfast was delicious with excellent ingredients perfectly cooked. Plenty of choice with a buffet included. Traffic noise form the A64 was not a problem and I'm sure the Archbishop of York who resides just down the road isn't troubled by it either! Well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall York