We don't normally stay at hotels as grand as this one but for our 25th wedding anniversary we decided to treat ourselves. It delivered on all fronts. Staff were fantastic and the place is not stuffy or over formal. Room in main building was very nice and the food was fantastic. Prices a little on the high side but it was a special occasion. We used the spa a couple of times and my wife was very happy with her treatments. Nice pool.
The hotel was a little quiet but I've no complaints about that.
I would stay there again when I've saved up and would thoroughly recommend it as a place to treat yourselves to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall York