The room, public areas and gardens are well maintained. The staff at the reception very friendly but the restaurant staff not so. We were put off by not having any tea making facilities and to have a cup via room service would cost £3 plus £5 delivery.
The food in the restaurant is overpriced and not exceptional. My wife and I had scallops to start, £12 each for one and a half scallops and a bit of cauliflower. Main course not much better so we gave up on a pudding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Lastminute, Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall York