1,450 results
All reviewsthe main housedrawing roomnational trustdownton abbeyearly morning teacountry housestately homepublic roomson arrivalsteam roomrelaxing breakyorkshire breakfastroad noisewonderful hotelyork racecoursebirthday treatbeautiful building
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed at the hotel for my birthday - it was a weekend away with my boyfriend. The hotel has an amazing first impression, it is a beautiful building which has been superbly converted to a hotel, with our bedroom separate to the main house. Everything was very in keeping with the traditional theme and was exceptionally clean. The staff could not do enough for us and were polite, courteous and helpful at all times. We ate that evening in the hotel restaurant which was lovely. We were shown to the drawing room to peruse the menu and have an aperitif including some nibbles that were provided by the hotel. Our meal was of a very high quality and this was again matched with excellent service. I would not hesitate to visit this hotel again or to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

A lovely afternoon at Middlethrpe Hall . We were in the drawing room for afternoon tea and had a fabulous champagne, sandwiches, scones, cake and patisserie. Wonderful service and a venue to die for... this really is a wonderful place to visit

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Rarely have I ever been so impressed with both a venue and the level of service. Middlethorpe Hall is outstanding and a finer example of 'England' would be difficult to find, this was only surpassed by the exceptional food and incredible service.
Cannot talk highly enough and look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

A special afternoon tea with friends, old and new, experiencing food and service at its very best in a perfect English country setting. What a way to start Christmas! Special thanks to Chef for the fine food and front of house staff for their discreet attention to detail. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

If my stay (Dec 4 & 5) coincided with that of Robert C all I can say is that my experience was totally the opposite. As the manager of an award winning tourism business that draws over half a million visitors a year I stand in awe of Lionel Chatard's ability to train his team to an exemplary standard. They have the rare ability to blend absolute professionalism with warmth. As for dinner on both nights we ate amazing food, with a raspberry soffle that was the best pudding I have ever eaten. You have a truly great team Mr Chatard.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business