1,454 results
All reviews the main house drawing room national trust downton abbey early morning tea country house stately home public rooms on arrival steam room relaxing break yorkshire breakfast road noise birthday treat wonderful hotel york racecourse beautiful building
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was my third time here. But it had been 15 years or more since my last visit to England. I made sure to take a trip especially to stay at this wonderful hotel in Yorkshire. The grounds are beautiful - even in winter. The main house with its history is wonderful to explore and relax in. We stayed in one of the carriage house rooms which was large and very comfortable. We had diner in the restaurant and it was memorable meal. The food is very good. I like how you start in the drawing room with cocktails and some snacks and then move into the dining room- very civilized. Sam, the porter was very helpful with directions, getting us tea and coffee to our room when we arrived. The next morning we overslept and missed breakfast but it wasn't a problem to bring us tea and coffee with biscuits in the drawing room. I highly recommend staying here. The service is wonderful and you really feel pampered. The prices are very reasonable for what you get (certainly compared to London!)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greengardener
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed at the hotel for my birthday - it was a weekend away with my boyfriend. The hotel has an amazing first impression, it is a beautiful building which has been superbly converted to a hotel, with our bedroom separate to the main house. Everything was very in keeping with the traditional theme and was exceptionally clean. The staff could not do enough for us and were polite, courteous and helpful at all times. We ate that evening in the hotel restaurant which was lovely. We were shown to the drawing room to peruse the menu and have an aperitif including some nibbles that were provided by the hotel. Our meal was of a very high quality and this was again matched with excellent service. I would not hesitate to visit this hotel again or to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

A lovely afternoon at Middlethrpe Hall . We were in the drawing room for afternoon tea and had a fabulous champagne, sandwiches, scones, cake and patisserie. Wonderful service and a venue to die for... this really is a wonderful place to visit

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Rarely have I ever been so impressed with both a venue and the level of service. Middlethorpe Hall is outstanding and a finer example of 'England' would be difficult to find, this was only surpassed by the exceptional food and incredible service.
Cannot talk highly enough and look forward to my next visit.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

A special afternoon tea with friends, old and new, experiencing food and service at its very best in a perfect English country setting. What a way to start Christmas! Special thanks to Chef for the fine food and front of house staff for their discreet attention to detail. Thank you.