Sent in "Downton Abbey" style hotel, we started with drinks in the large reception room, fire going in the fireplace, huge Christmas tree and views over the lawns. Nibbles came with the drinks and our orders were taken. We were shown through to the dining room which was relatively small by comparison to the rest of the rooms. My mushroom and artichoke tart was on the lightest crispest pastry and delicious flavours. Followed by a turkey Wellington and then perfectly rich Christmas pudding with a fig jam and custard laced with alcohol a perfectly balanced indulgent menu for a Christmas lunch. Service was excellent. A place well worth the visit for the ambience, quality of food as well as great value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall York