I simply cannot fault this hotel in anyway.
The service is impeccable, the décor classically elegant and the food (we only had breakfast, unfortunately) was simply wonderful.
My husband and I stayed one Sunday evening late in December. We booked one evenings stay in a stable courtyard room. It was located through the beautiful cobbled courtyard - complete with Christmas tree shimmering with white fairy lights - and up some stairs on the first floor.
These rooms are beautifully decorated, extremely tasteful, with a wonderfully comfortable bed.
In the bathroom you will find a selection of Crabtree & Evelyn Jojoba products. The bathroom has a heated towel rail and underfloor heating so is very cosy. No chilly showers in this hotel!
The underfloor heating runs through the bedroom too. You will never be cold in these rooms.
There are no tea and coffee making facilities in these rooms. If you require a drink, just call reception and before you know it there is a knock at the door and your tray is delivered. Fresh milk is much more preferable to those horrid UHT pots..
The next morning we walked across to the main hotel for our breakfast. We were met at the entrance by the hotel manager, who opened the door and welcomed us in. He took our coats from us and escorted us to the breakfast room.
We then ate the best hotel breakfast we have ever had before. I even indulged and had pancakes and maple syrup to start, followed by the most delicious scrambled egg on brioche.
Husband opted for the full English breakfast and remarkably ate every single bit - unheard of!
After a short walk, we headed over to the spa which was empty. I loved the Jacuzzi and felt really relaxed afterwards, my husband made great use of the pool.
It was with great reluctance that we checked out of our room, which took about a second thanks to the extremely quick checkout process.
We are looking forward to our next visit to York, and will make sure our reservations are made at Middlethorpe Hall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall York