We stayed at Middlethorpe for one night en route to Scotland and expected to find a good hotel but to our utter amazement we found ourselves in a dream world. It was like stepping back in time with old fashioned service. We where greeted on arrival with the luggage being taken from the car direct to our room whist we checked in. We then decided to indulge in the afternoon tea-sheer indulgence but worth the extra few pounds in weight. A gentle stroll through the immaculate grounds and time for a siesta before gin and tonics and a truly gourmet dinner. I have eaten in many very good restaurants but I can honestly say this was probably one of the best meals I have ever eaten. Finally off to bed for a wonderful nights sleep in the beds that had been turned down for us.
If you are looking for a special treat but do not want to pay a fortune for it I would recommend Middlthorpe Hall I do not think anyone could fail but to be impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York