We stayed for two nights, in one of the rooms in the converted stable block, and would recommend it very highly. Our stay included a celebratory Sunday lunch for six, which was very successful.
The staff are charming and attentive, and we found the general atmosphere to be relaxed without losing formality. Food was just right and, for the quality, well priced.
The Spa is good - decent sized pool, plus steam room, sauna and Jacuzzi all include in the price. We didn't try any treatments, so can't comment on them.
The gardens are magnificent. It's worth making sure you have a change of shoes (even boots) with you so that you can explore the whole park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Lastminute, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall York