If you want to feel like you are living in Downton Abbey or starring in an Agatha Christie who-dunnit - then this is the place for you. A beautiful, historic country house which oozes English charm. From the moment my friend and I arrived for a much-needed break, we were treated like royalty. I could not fault the service we received.......just impeccable. Thank you so much to all the team for caring for us so well. From the lovely people on reception, the staff who brought trays of tea to our room & turned down the beds / tidied the room every day- to the wonderful restaurant staff who treated us to exquisite meals, breakfasts and afternoon tea (special thanks to Viv and the gentleman concierge for your care and attention ). We stayed in Room 12, in the main house - we were upgraded on arrival which was a lovely surprise. The room overlooked the stunning lawns and gardens- I half expected Mr Darcy to come striding across from the lake........maybe next time!!!
We went to the spa daily which was a real treat- the facilities were excellent and the staff very helpful. We loved sitting by the pool reading between swims and using the hot-tub, steam room and sauna. It was a really tranquil and relaxing environment- we treasured every moment there. We chose to hop on the bus to go shopping in York- the bus-stop was right at the end of the drive, so very convenient and only took about 20 mins to the Minster. We got taxis back (due to the amount of shopping we had done!!!) which cost about £7 - £8.
Usually we pick a different place each year for our annual Ladies Pampering Break, but we were were so bowled over by Middlethorpe Hall that we will be heading back there again next year. Your awards and excellent feedback are well justified- thank you for everything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York