We chose this hotel for our birthday treat away this year because of the reviews on TA, it had its own spa plus didn't look overly expensive in comparison to other spa hotels.
When arrived and parked up the porter was already waiting by the car to help with the bags which was wonderful, felt like the break had really started and set the tone for the weekend away. We checked in quickly and the porter gave us a tour around so we knew where to go for the bar and the resturant. He then took us to our rooms. I had a single in the courtyard and it was wonderful (i was even offered a upgrade to a double room but i had fallen for the cosiness/charm of the single so stayed put!).
We treated ourselves to dinner at the hotel on the first night and we had a fabulous time. The lounge bar was great with a roaring fire in place. Brilliant complimentery mixed nuts, olive selection and appetizers were served with our pre dinner drinks. Really good wine list was offered with a good selection of half bottles if you don't like rose as much as the others! The meal and the service was superb, but the cost meant it was a huge treat for us!
I slept very well in my lovely room both nights. The breakfasts were great (try the fruit salad it was the best i'd ever had). The gradens were lovely to walk around with lots of blackbirds and robins taking advantage of the fallen apples. Plently of sitting areas too for stopping and staring.
We went to the spa on the sunday (sat was spent shopping at the nearby designer outlet (5min drive and very good too), dinner/cocktails at the living room later on which i recommend too, especially the duck/pancakes!) We had a nice time at the spa we all had a treatment which was good. Was abit disappointed because the clock in the pool area was slow so ended up being 10 mins late for my treatment, which they knocked off the treatment time! So felt abit ripped off. The pool is nice and quiet but felt this area and the changing rooms were abit small and didn't have the wow luxurious factor so hence rating is 4/5 not 5/5.
Definately would go again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall York