We chose this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed.
On arrival we were greeted by the friendly staff who made you feel right at home and given an up-grade which always helps. Being a national trust property gives you a good idea of the decor etc and you certainly feel like The Lord of the manor.
We used the spa and this was lovely. I got myself out of bed for opening and this made me feel virtuous before my hearty cooked breakfast. The opening hours are 8 until 7 which only gives you a short opportunity to enjoy this facility if you are out and about all day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York