I stayed for a short break away from the bustle of London, the hotel was everything I imagined it would be and more. A short ride from York town centre and near the race course this Georgian house with authentic features, fittings and furniture in every room and beautifully manicured gardens with a touch of the wildness of York as well as a taste of the modern world in my room (small flat screen TV a and underflow hearting in the bathroom!) was just what I needed. Meals were served in the most beautiful dinning room with helpful and cheerful staff. I even sampled a traditional afternoon tea in the drawing whilst writing letter! I spent relaxing hours in the Spa pool and steam room which were clean and inviting with attentive staff at hand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York