This was the second Christmas we've spent at Middlethorpe and it was great to find that their standards remain as high as ever. This time one of our party was elderly and frail and I was touched to see that the staff took care of her with all the tenderness old age requires. She was escorted not only up and down the stairs, but into whatever public room she selected. When she decided to stay in her room she was waited upon and minded with care and discretion.
As for the food, the word excellent hardly describes it. The restaurant staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. That slice of gammon I had from the Christmas night buffet was the best I've ever tasted.
And for the first time at Middlethorpe I ordered a margarita before dinner. The quality of a margarita is - for me - the ultimate test. I needn't have worried.
This will not be the last Christmas we spend in such convivial surroundings.
Thanks to everybody who made it so memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall York