My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel one a Christmas shopping break to York. We paid £140 for a standard room in the courtyard block.
Upon arrival we were welcomed by the concierge who showed us around the lounge and restaurant areas before taking us to our room. The room itself was quite small but had a real charming elegance to it.
During our stay we had afternoon tea in the drawing room - both of which were extremely nice; the best bit being the well spoken staff who work in this area.
Breakfast was delightful with every last detail taken care of - try the scrambled egg and smoked salmon.
Overall, a big thumbs up to this hotel for employing the best in the business, for keeping the service levels top notch and for giving my partner and I one of the best hotel stays in a very long time. All hotels could learn a thing or two from Middlethorpe Hall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall York