I could not have made a better choice for a surprise weekend away with my partner to celebrate our 25th Engagement Anniversary. From the moment I emailed them, to the time we left, they could not have been more welcoming, accomodating and friendly. They went out of their way to help with the surprise, obviously, he knew we were going away but not where in the country or which hotel. To do this, they "played" along with me in that I suggested to my partner we could look around a National Trust Property as we had arrived too early to book into our hotel. When the porter opened the door for us, I "realised" my mistake but they offered to show us around.. As this was an exceptionally beautiful warm sunny day, once we had walked round the gardens and grounds, we sat outside and enjoyed coffee and biscuits. We went back to the car, drove past the Hotel and I asked him to pull in to take a photograph and then told him this was were we were staying, it was worth every penny to see his face !
However, I then had a wonderful surprise as although I had booked a room in the main house, they had given us a complimentary upgrade to a suite! Then we had a lovely card in our suite from Mr Chartard, the General Manager offering his congratulations and then later on, complimentary glass of pink champange each. The house is absolutely beautiful, the staff the best we have ever come across and the food was exceptional both in the evening and at breakfast. We were made to feel so welcome at all times they made this the weekend of a lifetime. The Spa and pool is lovely and the perfect way to work up an appitite for the evening meal. Food was supberb and definately the best we have ever had (even beat the Four Seasons).
Suite was beautiful, lovely Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries and housekeeping was perfect . We felt as though we were staying in a beautiful old home, not just a hotel, a great atmostphere, beautiful flowers everywhere. Stunning lounge, libary and lovely fires to sit by and have drinks before the meal.
Basically, everything was perfect and not one negative .
This is expensive but you certainly got more than your moneys worth so it wasn't for the stay that we had! I am so glad I chose Middlethorpe Hall and if I could, I would return frequently. If you are considering a stay and reading this review, book it, I promise that you will be extremely glad that you did. You dont just have a weekend away, you have a fantastic experience. Mr Chartard and his staff are to be commended for the way they run the hotel and make guests feel like friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York