From the moment I stepped across the threshold, the service I received was impeccable. Very professional but friendly staff took my bags to my beautiful room, in stunning grounds. This hotel is a former country house and is full of charm and character. I had a quick swim first in their spa and gym area (situated in converted cottages on the grounds,a few seconds' walk from the main house) then ate a lovely meal in their restaurant, again enjoying excellent service (I am wheat intolerant and they had wheat free bread and were able to adapt the menu to my requirements without any fuss). Enjoyed my complimentary early morning tea - delivered to the room - after having had a wonderful night's sleep on the comfiest bed I have slept in away from home. This place is a real treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now part of the National Trust - all profits donated to the charity. Overlooking York Racecourse, Middlethorpe Hall is close to the city of York yet enjoys 20 acres of its own peaceful gardens and parkland. It has an award-winning restaurant, the Oak Dining Room, and a heavenly spa with swimming pool. Decorated in traditional country house style, Middlethorpe is furnished with antiques and fine paintings consistent with the period of the house. Beautifully appointed bedrooms are located in the main house and the 18th-century courtyard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Middlethorpe Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Middlethorpe Hall Hotel York
- Middlethorpe Hall And Spa
- Middlethorpe Hall York