Hilton York
    Great 4.5/5
    • Pool
    • Bar/Lounge
    3,082 results
    All reviewsclifford's towertwo double bedscar parkexcellent locationcastle museumcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstayed for one nightshort breakvaletshamblespubsminster
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 14 April 2011

My wife and I stayed for two nights on a very competitive prepaid B and B rate in a Deluxe room.Room not huge but had everything we needed and a fine view of Cliffords Tower.Bathroom was cosy!!(i.e small).All the staff were very efficient and friendly,the prize being taken by the egg lady at Breakfast.What a star!Hotel very well placed for all the sights and shopping.We didn't eat in the Hotel restaurant in the evening so can't comment.Overall, a very pleasant stay .

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
    HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.
    I was pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay and found my staff to be very efficient and friendly. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton York in the future.

Reviewed 7 April 2011

Arrived at hotel - very pleasant and made the most of the vallet parking. Checked into our Delux room - again very nice. Had a meal in the hotel the first night - ordered a steak with pepper sauce which was included in the price. During the meal I tried to catch the waitress attention as the sauce was not brought - gave up in the end. When I pointed this out to her after the meal she said it was because I hadn't ordered it - I said it was included and her response was that it was a little late to tell her now when I had eaten the food !!! not the service you expect from a 4 star hotel.

When we returned back to the room later that evening there was a bucket outside catching drips of water coming from the ceiling and this remained there for the whole 3 days of our stay. Woken up at 6.30 the first two mornings with extremely noisy heating system so had to be moved to another room for the last night and a room that did not include the extras that we had paid for. Not quiet the relaxing stay I had hoped for.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
    HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website. I was most concerned to learn of the shortfalls in our customer service that you experienced during your recent stay, there can be no excuse for this, I have passed on your comments to the Restaurant Manager who is responsible for the training of his team and will be taking the necessary corrective actions to ensure that such issues do not reoccur in the future.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post your comments and for bringing these matters to my attention, it is through such feedback that I am able to constantly improve our products and services.

Reviewed 30 March 2011

The hotel is well located within the easy walking distance of shops and sights. The reception is small operating 2 desks and can get busy at times. Secure parking is available at a cost of £17 per day. Their are no leisure facilities at the hotel and the public areas are basic. The restaurants are pleasant and comfortable and I would endorse the comments regarding the breakfast being excellent, particularly enhanced by the personal touch of a person behind the serving area, ensuring everything is well stocked and attending to your freshly cooked eggs.
    The rooms are easily found, are clean, modern, and decorated to a high standard. The room provided was small and the bathroom was particularly cramped. The bed was a basic double, a king size would be more appropriate. Their did not appear to be any air conditioning, the room was warm and necessitated the need to leave the window open, which attracted the usual city noise.
    The hotel can be booked for fair prices using various internet sites and offers good value, at those prices.
    The hotel is geared up for business customers, but caters equally for tourists needs.
    The hotel boasts a 4 star rating, there appears no evidence of which independent body currently rates it so highly.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
    HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive comments on this website.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your recent stay with us and particularly found the breakfast to be excellent, which was enhanced by the personal touch by our breakfast chef,
    I have noted your comments regarding there being no air conditioning in the room only our deluxe rooms have air conditioning units in them.

It is always a pleasure to receive such great feedback and I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the future.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

hotel offers a good breakfast.
    they have in general a nice service and very friendly staff,
    restaurant has good quality where we enjoyed a late snack
    good location
    only disadvantage (which was confirmed by 2 colleagues): I slept well with ear plugs but quite noisy (and was not air condition/ possible to be switched off), came from somewhere above the ceiling
    parking possible nearly in front of door over night which costs 2 Pounds.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
    1  Thank Imbach77
    HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on this website.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay overall and particular found the restaurant and breakfast to be of good quality and the staff to be very friendly, it is such a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 March 2011

I did not think I received value for money at all when staying at the Hilton in York. We paid a top price for a very small and basic room and I was very disappointed and certainly can't recommend it nor would I ever stay here again. We had stayed at another hotel in the city the night before (because the Hilton wouldn't reduce our rate for the additional night) and the other hotel was absolutely gorgeous for much less cost.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
    1  Thank Arstambar

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was concerned to read that you were disappointed with the hotel and did not find it value for money, I would like to assure you that it is never my intention for guests to leave the hotel less than completely satisfied and if we had been made aware of any issues during your stay we would have resolved them in a swift manner.