Hilton York
US$196
Middletons York(York)(Great Value!)
US$121
  • Pool
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$93
  • Pool
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$91
  • Restaurant
US$114
US$99
US$111
US$95
3,082 results
All reviewsclifford's towertwo double bedscar parkexcellent locationcastle museumcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstayed for one nightshort breakvaletshamblespubsminster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed at the Hilton for 3 nights for my husbands birthday, i upgraded our room to a suite as it was a special occasion, i was very disappointed though the hotel was very dated, it needed an awful lot of work doing to it. We have stayed in many Hilton hotels and this is by far the worst. Our room was very spacious but needed decorating and modernising, the bathroom was very old fashioned and you couldn't lie down in the bath as it was so tiny. The hotel itself is very well placed in the city for shopping and sightseeing. There is a car park but it is under the hotel and is very small, and very expensive!! The service and breakfast were nice and all the staff were very friendly, the hotel could just do with a lot of money spent on it to bring it out of the dark ages!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mlmancity
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the areas, our services failed to deliver to your expectations, whilst I would not like to make any excuses, I would like to assure you that your experience is certainly not reflective of our normally high standard of service.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Before arriving at the Hilton, we followed the simple instructions on the booking confirmation from the Rail Station to the hotel and was surprised short this walk was (about 10 minutes) and we managed to see lots of the beautiful sights York before we even checked in.

We arrived at midday and the check in time wasn't til 3pm so we expected to just drop the bags off and explore the city. But the check in staff (who were very friendly and very helpful) then let us know that a room was ready for us and we could go straight up.

The hotel itself is very well presented and spacious and the room met this just as well. With plenty of space, a lovely clean bathroom (and bedroom) and a beautiful view onto the Tower, we couldn't have asked for a better room.

Also, it was absolutely freezing outside so coming into the heated room (it can be heated or air conditioned on low, medium and high levels) was great.

The morning after a wonderful nights sleep in the very comfortable
bed, we went down to the breakfast (included in price) served in the large restaurant on the ground floor. Again we had fantastic view of the tower and the room itself is very modern and spacious. The breakfast had everything from the traditional English cooked breakfast to cereals, pastries, bagels, fruits, juices with a large range of cheeses and meats too. As a fussy vegetarian, I normally struggle finding a decent big breakfast but at this hotel there was plenty for me to eat and it was all delicious.

We were then checked out by more friendly staff and were able to leave our bags from around 9am until 3pm which was very convenient.

Overall I have had a fantastic experience at this hotel and would recommend it to everyone looking for a hotel in York as it is only a few minutes away from the main city and is in a great picturesque area. The staff were all superb and the rooms were simply immaculate.

I look forward to visiting this great hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback on this website.

I was delighted to learn that you had fantastic experience at the hotel and found my team to be most helpful and friendly.
I was also pleased that there was a lot of choice at breakfast for you, it is a pleasure to receive such great feedback and I will be passing on my comments to my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

We did manage to get a really good deal on this hotel - probably couldn't afford it otherwise! Rooms were nice and comfortable, and had a bath not just a shower which was very welcome after a day trailing around shops. The restaurant was lovely and breakfast particularly good. The location is perfect - only minutes walk from town centre, shops, bars etc (all very handy when doing a lot of Christmas shopping). If we could always get a deal, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in York! Only minor drawback was the extortionate price of drinks in the bar - we only did that once! But, with York overflowing with great, character-filled bars and pubs there is no need to drink in the hotel. There were Christmas parties on in the hotel both nights and we were right over the disco which wasn't ideal - but to be fair, they'd warned us when we arrived and asked if we wanted to move to rooms elsewhere. But, we liked the idea of the double/double rooms and knew we'd be out fairly late so didn't move. Slightly regretted it at 1am, but it was quiet after that! All in all, a great location for a weekend break.

Room Tip: We loved the double double rooms and didn't care about getting no view (we're out all day anyway and it was dark!)
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abol4
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I recently stayed at the York Hilton for a week, I had previous been there multiple times a few years ago.

I really like the hotel, the location is superb for shopping or sightseeing and if you want a break in York go ahead and book.

A few things to note though.

The car park is small and underground, a valet will normally play car tetris with your car to make sure they get as many £17 a day vehicles in there. I can't fault the staff who let me park for free for ten minutes whilst I unloaded. Don't park outside, traffic wardens do patrol the area.

Try to get a room away from the back not near the function room. If you are over it, don't bank on getting to sleep before 2AM. They host a lot of functions, wedding receptions etc.

The service is good, but patchy. One morning at breakfast the staff whisked away bowls and plates as soon as you had taken the last mouthful. The next day we had to pile finished plates up on the window sill to make more room.

Bar prices are high, there are many great pubs within minutes and if you don't want to pay for a coffee in the hotel there is a Starbucks and Neros a biscotti throw away.

Overall though, everybody was very helpful especially Viola the room maid who went out of her way to clean my room, fitting in around my odd work hours.

Room Tip: Not near the function room in the back.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RoadtripperPeter
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I was a bit nervous about this hotel following some negative reviews on here, but I have no idea what everyone was complaining about. There was a small glitch in some of the details of our booking, but this was sorted out with very little fuss and to our satisfaction.

Our room was on the second floor, was an excellent size, all very clean, modern and comfortable. The view of Clifford's Tower was also very impressive. The complimentary wine, water and fruit was a lovely touch. We ordered room service breakfast on the first day, which was excellent. On the second day we had breakfast in the restaurant and this was also very good.

Special mention must go to the guy looking after the garage (which is quite small and tight but he manages it like clockwork). We had to go back and forth a few times due to my husband's car being used for a wedding car in York during our stay. The guy couldn't have been more helpful, professional, friendly, or obliging. He always made sure our car was easily accessible and even brought it round to the front for us, then parked it for us again later. Nothing was too much trouble. I wish I'd got his name but he definitely deserves much credit. In fact, all the staff were very professional and friendly.

Overall, this is an ideal base if you're visiting York.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on this website.

I was delighted to that you enjoyed your stay and found the room and breakfast to be excellent.
I am pleased that you found the concierge team to be most professional and friendly, our car park can be challenging at times and they do an excellent job of managing this.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.