Great location for Clifford’s Tower (immediately opposite), York Museum, castle area.
Shops within 1 minute walk, good restaurants within 5 minute walk, train station about 15 minute walk. Accommodation, service, cleanliness, breakfast all excellent, which is what you’d expect from a Hilton hotel. Lifts to upper floors for those with mobility problems.
The only downside is the price, but this can be lower than you’d expect at off-peak times. Just before Christmas, we found it was only £8 more per night than the B&B we were originally trying to book !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton York hotel is the 4-star hotel within the city walls and located in the heart of York. Only 10 minutes walk from York Minster, the railway station and other York attractions. Do business in one of 8 meeting rooms and savour European or Tex-Mex food in the 3 bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton York Hotel York
- Hilton International York
- Hilton Hotel York
- York Hilton International