Hilton York
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$96
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$101
US$125
US$116
  • Breakfast included
US$199
US$164
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$96
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$288
US$169
  • Pool
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$89
US$438
US$405
Hotels.com
US$147
US$139
3,101 results
All reviewsclifford's towertwo double bedscar parkexcellent locationcastle museumcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstayed for one nightshort breakvaletshamblespubsminster
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed at the hotel for only 2 nights - 16/17 March 2012, with our dog. Found the hotel to be in an excellent location for the town centre and also for access to nice walks for the dog. Hotel staff were all helpful and friendly towards us at all times. Would deffinatly stay again and would recommend it based on our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Paulfranlara
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at the Hilton York.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and found my team to be helpful and friendly. We are lucky to be in such a great location which makes us an ideal base for exploring York.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

The staff at the hotel are wonderful and friendly, nothing too much trouble. We did have a problem with heating but straight away they changed our room and upgraded us with no hassle. Small dogs are made to feel very welcome and with grass just opposite the hotel, no searching for a park. The rooms were large enough, nice beds,extra pillows when requested, plenty of storage, bathroom not large but practical. We had rooms at the back of the hotel and front and noise level was quiet.The only noise very occasionly we heard was from the small group of geese that are around the clifford tower.Breakfast was buffet style with plenty of choice, fruit, yoghurt, cereals, bread,toast, pastries and cooked.Eggs cooked to order. There may be no fridges in the rooms but just ask reception and they put anything in their fridge.
Clifford Tower and York Castle Museum opposite.Yjorvik and York Dungeon 5 mins walking from hotel. Even York Minister is only 10 minutes walking. Hop on Hop off bus stops just outside the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank susielove

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review on this website.

I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and you found my team to be wonderful and friendly and enjoyed the breakfast buffet.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed in February 2012 on business.

This is a good hotel with attentive staff and a great location, a short walk from York centre.
Rooms are well presented and clean, if a little on the small side, with the bathrooms on the small side, but everything is in good order. I stayed here in the week, and there was some street noise which could be heard in the room. I would imagine on Friday or Saturday nights this could be an issue.

Only other niggle is the cost of parking, 17 pounds is expensive.

Otherwise I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank gwaredd
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton York. We are lucky to be in such a great location which makes us an ideal base for exploring York.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

My partner and I stayed here on Saturday 10th March. This was our second visit to the hotel, all be it unplanned after arriving an another hotel on the same night and swiftly had to leave to due the dirtiness, see my review of Ripon Spa Hotel for futher details.

The hotel was lovely as always. The staff are very friendly and efficient in both room service, check in, restaurant and the bar. The rooms were very clean as well as all the public areas.

The restaurant food leaves something to be desired, however it was edible and for the price of a 3course meal for £15.00 you cannot complain. At the end of the day they don't advertise to be an al a carte restaurant.

I've reviewed the other comments about this hotel and can't understand why someone would complain about how long it took to run a bath? Yes it took a few more minutes than it would at home but for "30 minutes" they were clearly trying to flood the bathroom...
Similarly I can agree with comments that certain aspects of the hotel are impersonal however I feel this is a positive as who wants to be constantly bothered and feel like your in someone else's home when you're trying to have a weekend away?

I always recommend this hotel to my friends and won't stay anywhere else in York.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Megan223

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton York and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found my team to be friendly and efficient. It is a pleasure to receive such great feedback and I will be sharing your comments with them.

It is kind of you to recommend our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manger

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed at the Hilton York for two night early March 2012. We had booked an "upgrade" to the standard room, and I have to say the room was disappointing, although very clean, and in the front of the hotel with a view of Clifford Tower, it was just an average hotel room in size, the bathroom being particularly small. The water pressure was dreadful, took a good half hour to run a bath and had to run around in the shower to get wet. The window did not close fully and we might as well have been trying to sleep on the front steps! The revellers had had a marvellous night, and they were indeed "the champions", the street cleaner paused, I am sure under the window just to make sure we were awake, the ducks from the nearby river were vocal - not to mention the removal company that had moved in upstairs,
Yes, its very central, but very impersonal and very noisy. Didn't eat here so cannot comment on the restaurant. Breakfast buffet was what you would expect from a large chain buffet - ok.
If you chose this hotel ask for a room at the rear of the building if you hope to get any sleep.

Room Tip: Room sin the front are noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jandgEssex

Dear Guest,

It is with regret to read of your disappointment with your overall experience, and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. Your comments regarding the water pressure have been passed on to the Maintenance Manager who is in the process of trying to resolve this issue.

Once again, thank you for your comments and I sincerely hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future where I am positive we can show that your experience is certainly not reflective of our normally high standard of service.

Regards,