Hilton York
US$159
US$147
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$101
Hotels.com
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$156
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$172
US$145
Travelocity
3,084 results
All reviewsclifford's towertwo double bedscar parkexcellent locationcastle museumcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstayed for one nightshort breakvaletshamblespubsminster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Overall a very good experience here.

The location is excellent - easy walking distance to all of the tourist attractions within York, with one of them right outside the front door!

Rooms were a good size, beds were amazing - super king size (which I always love!), and very firm mattresses, which I know are not everybody's cup of tea, but they do wonders for my back and I had the best couple of nights' sleep I've had in months! And the black-out curtains are also very effective! We sleep until 930am one morning and when we woke up the room was still pitch black as though it was the middle of the night - that definitely helped our sleep too!

Service was excellent - there was an issue with our booking via ebookers where for some reason our breakfast did not end up included on the booking at the hotel's end, but when we insisted that the booking from our end did include breakfast (and the booking confirmation we received didn't show either way), without any bother at all they just took the breakfast charge off our bill.

Speaking of breakfast - amazing! Options include plenty of cereals, croissants, muffins, cold meats, cheeses, yoghurts, fruit etc, as well as a full English breakfast that had a very reasonable selection of items - we were both full up for the whole day afterwards!

The only two issues I would have is that 1) you have to pay for parking (£17 for 24 hours), and 2) you have to pay for wifi - £15 for a day, when these days most hotels offer this as a free service

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback on this website.

I was pleased to learn that you had most enjoyable experience during your stay and found the rooms to be amazing and the service to be excellent with a variety of choices.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manger

Reviewed 10 April 2012

We booked this hotel after finding cheap train tickets to York for a one night romantic break without our child. We settled on this hotel due to its location - right in the centre of everything.
On arrival the receptionist was unable to locate our reservation (made through QUICKROOMS) and she kindly requested we wait a moment until she could look into the matter. We did not have to wait long before an English woman (we assumed a manager) came to explain that there was no reservation for us (we booked in February for Sat 7th April so it's not like it was booked a day before) and that she had arranged alternative accommodation for us and a taxi was on its way. This turned out to be the 5* Cedar Court and our taxi was free of charge. As she was explaining that there was no reservation (and they were fully booked that night) I was envisioning having to get the train home and was almost in tears. However, I have to thank Hilton for not abandoning us and dealing with the situation professionally and sympathetically. I rate them very good even though we were unable to stay as they were very good to us. I do not rate Quickrooms and have emailed them to find out what happened to our booking!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton York and the outstanding service that you received. I am sorry that we were unable to accommodate you but pleased that my team were able to help you out. I will ensure your kind comments are passed to the team.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to stay with us and experience more of the ‘outstanding service’!

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Location is amazing, within walking distance of everything in York. The rooms were very nice and clean and roomy. The underground parking is nice but it's a shame it isn't included in the price of the stay. My only problem with the hotel is that wifi is not free unless you're in the lobby, but even then it really doesn't work well.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

I was delighted to read that you found the location to be amazing and the rooms clean.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the near future.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in executive double including breakfast.

Good location with most tourist activities and shopping within walking distance of hotel.

Service in hotel was excellent, fixed an overcharge on the bill for car parking which we had not used.

Breakfast hot food availability was random - slow at topping up sometimes meant items were not there when going to buffet.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback on this website.

I was glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton York again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

The Hilton York, for a tourist is possibly located in best place possible. Located within the City walls and opposite Clifford Tower and the Castle Museum.

All the staff are well trained and offer exceptional service.

There are only two issued to be pointed out. The beds are rock hard and for both nights I did not sleep well. Other guests I spoke to found the same.
The other is the really bad smell of the sewer outside the front of the hotel. We paid extra the have a room at the front but could not open the window due to the smell.
But overall it's a good hotel if you like very hard beds and your sense of smell has declined !

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank SteveGrimes

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on this website.

I was pleased to learn that you had a lovely stay and found my team to offer exceptional service. Indeed I am very proud of them as they work extremely hard. We certainly are fortunate to be in such a great location for exploring York.

Your comment regarding the issue outside the hotel is currently being addressed.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.