The booking in procedure was very smooth, and the hotel is superbly situated for walking in to centre and attractions. The room was very clean, but the décor and furniture was somewhat eighties. There was no car valet available, although it states on the website that there is - the car park attendant told me he could direct me to a carwash not too far away! The breakfast was excellent. The bathroom very small, and with a mixer-type shower - could never get the pressure right. You are never informed, not even by information sheets in your room, that there is use of Emperors Health Club available. I wonder whether this is just for their upper-class clients who paid more than the £450ish we paid fro three nights.Henry J. Beans, Tex/Mex next door supposedly open til 1am Friday/Saturday nights. Don't believe it - the place is locked up by 11.30 -12mn.
To sum up; very expensive just for the super location, would probably pay less for more elsewhere, and use the cash saved to get taxis into town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton York hotel is the 4-star hotel within the city walls and located in the heart of York. Only 10 minutes walk from York Minster, the railway station and other York attractions. Do business in one of 8 meeting rooms and savour European or Tex-Mex food in the 3 bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton York Hotel York
- Hilton International York
- Hilton Hotel York
- York Hilton International