Hilton York
Hotel 53(York)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
3,082 results
All reviewsclifford's towertwo double bedscar parkexcellent locationcastle museumcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstayed for one nightshort breakvaletshamblespubsminster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Just spent 4 nights here for our honeymoon. Staff all pleasant and helpful, nothing too much trouble. Room was comfortable, bathroom smallish as in previous reviews but cannot see the problem there as its not like its used to sleep in! Breakfast was lovely and plentiful every morning set us up for the day. Hotel in fabulous location within walking distance from all attractions. Would definitely recommend and wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: October 2013
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Carolcoke,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at HIltonYork.

Firslty,congratulations to you both, and I am glad that you had a lovely stay and delighted you chose Hilton York for your honeymoon.

I am pleased that you would recommend us and that my team were pleasant and helpful. I am very proud of them all as they work extremely hard delivering high standards of customer service.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you both back to the hotel in the near future.

Martin Brandam

Reviewed 1 November 2013

My business stay here provided me with a comfortable night and attentive staff. Efficient checking in and out. Food was adequate for the price paid. We stay here occasionally for business and it is always consistant in it's standards. Staff always willing to help.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Estelle P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you have a comfortable stay when you visit us and find my team to be most efficient and helpful. I will be sharing your comments with them all as they serve as a great motivator.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

If you want to stay in the centre of York then the Hilton is the place to be. We arrived early and they were happy to store our luggage and we were able to leave our car in the car park (although there is a charge for this). The room was as expected, the receptionist was helpful and all in all we got what we expected to get. I do think £10 per head (including children) for breakfast is too pricey.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear justineb870,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website.

I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay and found the recepitonsit helpful and our central location great for exploring York.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Hotel is within easy walking distance to shops and restaurants. Lovely room, and comfortable beds. Although the room with 2 double beds is quite small. Would recommend Mason Bar and Bistro, for Dinner, excellent food and value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear dakarsmith,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a lovely stay and enjoyed our excellent location.

We look forward to welocmingyou back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

The Hilton in York is ideally situated in the centre of town. Rooms are OK with some having a great view of Cliffords Tower. The staff at breakfast served buffet style are brilliant. The big problem is the evening meal. hopefully it was a one off when we were there but maybe not. The restaurant was not busy but seemed short staffed. The air conditioning meant that we sat freezing during our meal. Service was very slow. The food at the time appeared adequate, but we both had upset stomachs a few hours later. Think the food had been frozen and not properly de frosted. Not what you expect in a hotel of this standard.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Oldgreyman,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on this website following you stay in May.

Thank you for your detailed feedback, which has been noted. I am sorry to read of your disappointment with the restaurant when you stayed with us in May 2013 It is highly unusual for us to receive comments of this nature.

I am pleased you enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the team were brilliant.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the HiltonYork in the not too distant future.