The Hilton in York is located opposite Clifford's Tower, one of the remnants of York's historic castle. If like me you get a room at the front of the hotel, you are in for a treat. If not, however, you are still very centrally located to explore all that this fantastic city has to offer.
I stayed whilst traveling for work over two nights. The room and bathroom weren't spacious as such, but neither was it cramped. The bed was huge and the room was clean. The menu, breakfast and extras were as you would expect at any Hilton. We had a drink in the bar in the evening but for a proper York experience I'd venture out to one of the city's many pubs where you'll get a much better atmosphere.
A couple of colleagues ventured out to the nearby gym in the morning and were pleasantly surprised. It's not part of the hotel, but allows access to guests.
Would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton York hotel is the 4-star hotel within the city walls and located in the heart of York. Only 10 minutes walk from York Minster, the railway station and other York attractions. Do business in one of 8 meeting rooms and savour European or Tex-Mex food in the 3 bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton York Hotel York
- Hilton International York
- Hilton Hotel York
- York Hilton International