Having read a few of the previous posts, I have to say I agree with most of them. There are many positives to the hotel, the reception staff were particularly good, very friendly and helpful without being asked. The breakfast was very good and the lady serving the eggs was a treat (cheerful and helpful and made great eggs!). The location is great and we had breakfast with a view of Cliffords Tower. The negatives are that the rooms are looking slightly dated (we had condensation with the window not shutting quite right) and the bed wasn't as comfortable as the usual Hilton. The Wi-fi is also a bugbear at £15 a go and not even free wi-fi in the lobby or bar/dining room. The other issue was that breakfast plates that people had in their room were still in the corridor when we checked out at 11:45am. All in all though the positives far outweigh the negatives although a return would probably depend on the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton York hotel is the 4-star hotel within the city walls and located in the heart of York. Only 10 minutes walk from York Minster, the railway station and other York attractions. Do business in one of 8 meeting rooms and savour European or Tex-Mex food in the 3 bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hilton EMEA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton York Hotel York
- Hilton International York
- Hilton Hotel York
- York Hilton International