We stayed here with friends for three nights recently,purely for sightseeing as we hadn't looked around the area before.The hotel is in a perfect position for the town and surrounding attractions....you don't have to use the car at all.Parking is £18 per day(valet parking underneath the hotel)but it is the same for 24hrs in the public car park opposite the hotel i.The staff were very welcoming and friendly throughout our stay....the room was a good size with a bathroom(shower in the bath),all spotlessly clean also air conditioning in the room which was handy..Tea and coffee making facilities,toiletries and lovely white towels.Breakfast was very comprehensive....everything there(apart from bananas,but I'm sure if I'd asked they'd have found me one!)Porrige,fruit etc and eggs cooked to order.....lovely orange juice too.We didn't eat in the hotel in the evenings,but they were very happy to recommend local restaurants which were all within easy walking distance.The great range of shops in York are also very close,and the open top bus tours leave from just opposite the hotel.
A good place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton York hotel is the 4-star hotel within the city walls and located in the heart of York. Only 10 minutes walk from York Minster, the railway station and other York attractions. Do business in one of 8 meeting rooms and savour European or Tex-Mex food in the 3 bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Lastminute, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton York Hotel York
- Hilton International York
- Hilton Hotel York
- York Hilton International