We stayed for two nights over a weekend. The hotel is right in the middle of the old, charming inner-city York, inside the city wall. Our view from the hotel room was right across from the Clifford's Tower. Fascinating.
The room was clean, spacious and nicely decorated.
We spend one late evening at the hotel restaurant and had the "full works" of Yorkshire pudding with lamb stew. Absolutely delicious and LOTS of it :)
Normally, I guess you won't be staying much at the hotel when there are so many charming places right around the corner, but to relax for an afternoon drink after sightseeing in York, the hotel has a nice bar with decent offer of good ales.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton York hotel is the 4-star hotel within the city walls and located in the heart of York. Only 10 minutes walk from York Minster, the railway station and other York attractions. Do business in one of 8 meeting rooms and savour European or Tex-Mex food in the 3 bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotelopia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton York Hotel York
- Hilton International York
- Hilton Hotel York
- York Hilton International