“Brilliant hotel. Fab location!!!”
Review of Hilton York

Hilton York
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Just recently stayed at Hilton in York for a hen party and really enjoyed it.
Staff were excellent and accomdating and rooms were clean and spacious. We had a little party in our room and it fitted 12 people so very spacious. Breakfast was lovely on both mornings, staff couldn't do enough for us. Anything we asked for or directions for local restaurants and bars was fantastic. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again. 100% recommend this hotel.....

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank laura w
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear laura w,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am pleased that you all thoroughly enjoyed your visit and found my team excellent, the rooms spacious and our lovely Hilton breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the ner future and am pleased that you would recommend us.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed here for my birthday with my husband and baby daughter and was really looking forward to our first break away. The positives of this hotel is its location, a 5 minute walk to the shambles and plenty of pubs and restaurants close by. The bar and restaurant area is lovely and doesn't look too old, the rooms however are another story! I had read the reviews on here about the rooms being very hot but chose to ignore them as I am always cold and quite like a warm room. However it was absolutely boiling to the point of being uncomfortable. It didn't end there, the radiater sounded like we had a brass band playing in our room all night!! After sitting through the noise for a couple of hours, at 5am I decided to go to reception to see if they could do anything only to be told it is a very old building and to expect noise. I live in an old house but there's no brass band playing at mine! Was glad to get home for a good nights sleep. Breakfast was good though :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jemgardner27

Dear Jemgardner27,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments further to your stay at Hilton York.

I was sorry to hear that on this occasion we failed to deliver to your expecations. It is extremely important to us that all of our guests are comfortable and enjoy every aspect of their stay.

This issue is something we are aware of and are currently working on to hopefully improve the situation. Due to the age of the building, the layout of the hotel rooms, and how best to proceed with minimal disruption takes time and unfortunately there is no quick solution.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Very pleasant stay. Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Excellent breakfast. Had upgraded room - very nice package including wine slippers, fruit chocolate and nuts. Excellent location; shopping on your doorstep.

Dear Tina P,

Thank you for your positive review of Hilton York.

It is a pleasure to receive such great feedback and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with the upgraded package and our excellent Hilton breakfast.

Your comments will be shared with my team as they work extremely hard deliviering great customer service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Booked a 3 night stay Dinner, Bed & Breakfast - only stayed 2 nights! The room was small as was the bathroom which incidentally, seemed to have a plumbing problem with the drainage. Most of the dinner menu had supplement charges for the vegetables and sauces (£2.50 each item) and to be honest, the meal was quite poor. The hotel does not have a lounge, so no drinks before or after dinner and this is the first hotel I have had to pay to park my car (£18.00 per night!!).
The only good points I could find with this hotel are the location, close to the centre of York and quite a decent breakfast even though I was greeted with a dirty cup on the first morning. Certainly in need of a refurbishment and some desk staff retraining in customer relations.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 138

Dear Steveandmo2014,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the areas our services failed to deliver to your expectations. I would like to assure you that your experience is not reflective of our normal high standards of service. Your comments have been noted and I will be sharing them with my Management team.

In York car parking is at a premium, especially at the hotel. However, we thoroughly research the market when setting prices and I am confident that the charge we make is competitive both within the City of York and also other city centre located hotels throughout the country.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

The hotel is in a great location. The rooms are comfortable. However, the cost of parking is £18 per 24 hours which is steep. Wi-fi is free for 30 mins then expensive. Had dinner in the restaurant on Friday evening. It was very good and the service was excellent. For the cost of the hotel there really should be free wifi as this is available in competitor hotels locally!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nic1972,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

Wi-fi is complimentary in the hotel lobby and restaurant area and has 60 minutes of continuous access. Your comment regarding the charge has been noted regarding and will prove most useful when we come to review our policies.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your evening meal and received excellent customer service from my team. I will be sharing your comments with them as they serve as a great motivatior.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Really enjoyed our stay. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Location is great for central York. Hotel has parking which is essential in York. Breakfast was excellent. Nothing to spoil our trip at all

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear DurhamKaz,

Thank you for taking the time to put your kind comments on Tripadvisor following your recent styay at Hilton York.

Delighted to read you enjoyed our cenetral location and found my team friendly and helpful. I will be sharing your comments with the team.

I look forward to welcomingyou back to the Hilton York in the near future.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed here with my wife for a romantic weekend. We had the William Etty Suite which is large but the living room window is directly above the Henry J Beans bar underneath which means you get all the late night noise. Apart from that we had a lovely time at the hotel and found all the staff extremely friendly and helpful

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear karlharleyoldham,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you had a lovely time and enjoyed the service from all of the team. I will be sure to pass your comments on to them all.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.