“Good Location”

Ranked #39 of 46 Hotels in York
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Having just stayed at this hotel, we found that the the location was really good close to everything you need, The rooms were clean and had plenty of room, no view at all, but were not really bothered about that.
The radiator was very noisey in the night.
One problem we had every time we left our room the room key would not work when we returned, and we had to keep going back to reception, the third time this happened the staff did not even apologies and the female staff on duty tried to tell us it was our fault we must of keep it with our keys and phone this was not the case at all no apology just the key handed back in fact no customer skills at all.
Breakfast was about average nothing special.
I doubt we would stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank craftyjan
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear craftyjan,

Thank you for positing a review on Tripadvisor following your recent stay.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the room key on this occasion. Your comments regarding the Front Desk have been noted and passed on to the Front Desk Manager for his attention.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments and I am sorry that you feel you would not stay at the hotel again.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Excellent value in a prime location, The staff were particularly impressive - friendly and ready to deal with requests quickly and efficiently. Rooms were clean and well furnished. The restaurant (breakfast and dinner) had good range of dishes. Particularly impressive was the snacks service in the bar where the waitress was outstanding - friendly and helpful. Reception staff always ready to help.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear marjoriep24,

Thank you for your positive feedback on this website.

It is a pleasure to receive such great comments and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and my team friendly and helpful. I will be sharing your comments with them all as they serve as a great motivator.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night in March. I booked a king sized room and was very surprised to open the door and see out the window, a picturesque view of Clifford's Tower! Wow! Besides the view, the room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was gracious.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Kelliannb,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at Hilton York.

I am pleased to read you had a lovely stay and enjoyed the beautiful view of Clifford’s Tower.

I look forwad to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon.

London
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here to visit the City and meet friends. Weekends are manic in York and I am sure if you can visit off peak you will enjoy the city more and get better deals. The hotel is a Hilton and as such offers every comfort and standard that you would expect from the brand. Ask for an upgrade to a room overlooking the castle mound and it's well worth it. Pick your time fro breakfast carefully particularly at the weekend as it gets very busy. Scrambled egg is dreadful, ask for an alternative! Rooms are good, staff friendly and I would recommend the hotel. Check in and out are very busy (more staff please!) Sasha on reception very good. Would happily stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for view over castle mound and upgrade - worth it!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear TigerMoth1969,

Thank you for your kind comments following your stay at Hilton York.

It is a pleasure to receive such great feedback and I will pass your comments on to my team as they work extremely hard and I am proud of them all.

I am pleased you had a lovely stay and enjoyed your room and our great location for exploring the lovely sity of York.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future for another enjoyable stay.

Here
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

It's an ok hotel in an excellent location and the staff are brilliant. It's not really a Hilton tho. I've stayed in many Hiltons at half the York price - even in Central London - which are much better. £18 per night parking and £24 per day for wifi is just greedy. I'll find another hotel when I next visit York

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rallen444
Dear rallen444,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback.

I was concerned to read that we did not meet some of your expectations in certain areas and that you felt we were overpriced.

However on a brighter note I am pleased you found our central location excellent and my team to be ‘brilliant’ which I will share with them all.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Just recently stayed at Hilton in York for a hen party and really enjoyed it.
Staff were excellent and accomdating and rooms were clean and spacious. We had a little party in our room and it fitted 12 people so very spacious. Breakfast was lovely on both mornings, staff couldn't do enough for us. Anything we asked for or directions for local restaurants and bars was fantastic. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again. 100% recommend this hotel.....

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank laura w
Dear laura w,

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I am pleased that you all thoroughly enjoyed your visit and found my team excellent, the rooms spacious and our lovely Hilton breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the ner future and am pleased that you would recommend us.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed here for my birthday with my husband and baby daughter and was really looking forward to our first break away. The positives of this hotel is its location, a 5 minute walk to the shambles and plenty of pubs and restaurants close by. The bar and restaurant area is lovely and doesn't look too old, the rooms however are another story! I had read the reviews on here about the rooms being very hot but chose to ignore them as I am always cold and quite like a warm room. However it was absolutely boiling to the point of being uncomfortable. It didn't end there, the radiater sounded like we had a brass band playing in our room all night!! After sitting through the noise for a couple of hours, at 5am I decided to go to reception to see if they could do anything only to be told it is a very old building and to expect noise. I live in an old house but there's no brass band playing at mine! Was glad to get home for a good nights sleep. Breakfast was good though :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jemgardner27
Dear Jemgardner27,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments further to your stay at Hilton York.

I was sorry to hear that on this occasion we failed to deliver to your expecations. It is extremely important to us that all of our guests are comfortable and enjoy every aspect of their stay.

This issue is something we are aware of and are currently working on to hopefully improve the situation. Due to the age of the building, the layout of the hotel rooms, and how best to proceed with minimal disruption takes time and unfortunately there is no quick solution.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.

Hotel Manager

Travellers are raving about these York hotels