I'm a young man, a York resident too, but I wanted to treat myself to a night off from the usual hassle of daily life, so I stayed here on the 6th of April for one day/night.. I arrived a little earlier than the normal check-in time, went and walked up to the main reception desk, frustratingly there was only one young woman working at the counter (despite there being a number of check-in computers unmanned) and so I had the pleasure of waiting behind a little old lady who wanted to go through an endless ton of questions, so having to stand there like a fool for 5-10 minutes carrying a very heavy backpack and side-bag wasn't very fun, eventually a man came to another computer and checked me in, as my room wasn't ready yet I was offered room 207, which I accepted..
After check-in I picked up my bags and went to find my room, my room was on the second floor, two of the lifts were down for maintenance and the only one that wasn't was for washing and laundry and general staff usage, so I took the stairs.
When I arrived at the room I was very pleasantly surprised, the amount of complementary items was a very welcome treat, set out on a small desk in a fancy fashion was chocolate bars (two Yorkies), a jar of nuts, a jar of jelly beans, wine (I don't drink alcohol, eat nuts or chocolate/sweets but it was a very cute thought on the hotel's side) bottled water, and free internet WiFi access!
As for the amenities, there was a nice sized TV (despite the reception being ever so slightly fuzzy), ironing board, iron, phone, hairdryer, great air conditioning, dressing gown/robes, etc.. The bed was somewhat hard, but there was a lot of pillows and covers.
The en-suite bathroom was small but very nice, good bathtub, nice shower, great sink, decent toilet, there was a great selection of complementary toiletries too, soap, flannel, shower cap, body wash gels, shampoo/conditioner.
There was hardly any noise, except for around two hours after checking in I heard from inside my room out in the corridor some fairly loud women who were working there, cleaning some of the empty rooms and talking/laughing loudly, the loud voices were somewhat annoying but bearable as it didn't last too long..
When it came time to check out, I checked out around 30 minutes later than the usual 12pm checkout time, no problems, I just handed in my room keycard and the lady at the desk said ''thank you, hope you enjoyed your time here, bye bye'', quick, no hassle.
All in all, a great little stay, the one or two issues I faced here were very unimportant / easily forgotten the second I got settled in my very, very lovely room..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton York hotel is the 4-star hotel within the city walls and located in the heart of York. Only 10 minutes walk from York Minster, the railway station and other York attractions. Do business in one of 8 meeting rooms and savour European or Tex-Mex food in the 3 bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hilton EMEA, Evoline ltd, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton York Hotel York
- Hilton International York
- Hilton Hotel York
- York Hilton International