“Curates Egg”
Review of Hilton York

Hilton York
Ranked #38 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Top location but the rooms are looking a little tired and could do with some effective cooling.
Very handy for the sights and sounds of York, nowhere is more than a short walk away.
In the heat of the summer it was too hot in my room to sleep in the bed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Stigroadie,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased you enjoyed our central location for exploring the lovely city of York.

We do provide fans in all rooms to make sure that guests are comforatable for the duration of their stay.

Should your travels bring you back to the area I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton York.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Recently I stayed with my family in this hotel. We booked a Double double guest room with dinner and breakfast for 2 adult and 2 children. It costs £205. Valet parking £18. Hotel conveniently situated near to the York attractions. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Our room at the second floor, just an average Hilton room. Definitely need some refurbishment. We had our dinner at Tower's restaurant at the ground floor, food really delicious and I earn 1000 bonus H Honours points also for dining there. Breakfast also fine. (as usual!) Other than room quality we enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Prem K

Dear Prem K,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that overall you and your family enjoyed your stay and the ‘delicious’ food in Towers Restaurant. I will pass your comments on to the Head Chef and his team.

I look forwad to welcoming you all back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Me and my girlfriend booked a one night stay here to visit York. The price for the hotel was fantastic, we booked a room with a balcony, the view of the castle was amazing.

The first thing i worried about was parking my car as I wanted it to be secure, the hotel provided a concierge car parking service which was £18 which i thought was extremely reasonable as I looked at other car park charges. I was also able to leave my car there after checkout which I thought was fantastic.

When we got in the room it was spacious, well equiped for what we needed, also we where given a complimentary basket whcih contained 2 Yorkie bars, a jar of nuts and aslo a jar of jelly beans, a bottle of white wine(small) and also 2 bottles of water which I thought was a nice touch. The only downfall to the room was the quilt didn't fit over the whole of the bed so we did fight for the quilt, which i did lose haha.

The hotel was in a great spot, really central, jorvic centre is 2 minutes walk and plenty of places to eat and drink in a short walking distance. All in all a fantastic stay and will definately book again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andy B

Dear Andy B,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read you both had a lovely stay and enjoyed the spacious room and the complimentary basket of goodies!

We are very lucky to be in such a central location and I look forward to welcoming you both back for another fantastic stay.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My friend and I have stayed in many Hilton Hotels in the UK whilst going to concerts/ theatre this has been the most expensive to date £200 for a twin room per night and the smallest room too-no air con but a fan... we requested a fridge we apparently got the last one....the breakfast was really nice but no veggie sausages(or mushrooms )although we asked for them for our second mornng and we were told there would be some tom - still no veggie sausages, (think the meat eaters might be a tad fed up if there meat was unavalable) allthough if you eat eggs I think you would be in egg heaven, no snacks behind the bar apart from chedder snack... the staff were very friendly and helpfull, the room was clean, however I would consider looking else where on my next trip to York totally over priced compared to other hotels in other citys within the 4 star band.

Room Tip: Request a fridge in the room and any diet requests I would phone in before to ensure this is made po...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank glam64

Dear glam64,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the areas, our services failed to deliver to your expectations and your comments have been noted.

I am pleased you found my team friendly and helpful and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Great Location close to restaurants and shops.
Parking- £18 per night stayed and not on site.
Family Room for 2 nights 3 Adults poor 'camp' bed.
Breakfast coffee cups were unclean.
Marriot next time!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank ti1984
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Helen R,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to read that you felt your stay was poor quality. Please be assured that your comments have been noted and the appropriate action has been taken.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back to the Hilton York in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We booked this hotel last minute and paid £66 for 1 night B&B for 2 adults and 2 children. The location is right next to the castle and a very easy walk into town. The room was clean and comfortable, if a little cramped with the travel cot. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and breakfast was excellent (especially impressed by the eggs being cooked to order). The only down side was the £18 charge for the car park, but had I spent £84 on the hotel including parking I wouldn't have been displeased so can't grumble too much about this.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HiltonYork, General Manager at Hilton York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Sally D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to receive such great feedback and that you enjoyed the hotels central location and our ‘excellent’ Hitlon breakfast.

My team work extremely hard deliving great customer service at all times and I will be sharing your positive feedback with them.

Should your travels bring you back to the area I hop we have the opportunity to welcome you all back to the HiltonYork in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My family and I stayed here for one night on a stop over to a holiday cottage in north yorkshire. I wasn't expecting too much but was plesantly surprised. The room was fine and as I would expect and the breakfast in the morning was very nice. The hotel is located opposite the castle museum.

The staff were very friendly from the chap in the bar in the evening the night before to the lovely geordie lady at the breakfast bar the following morning.

The only downside is the cost of parking the car (£18) but we got the room for about £66 so all in all it wasn't to bad.

We would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jimmyposhfan

Dear Jimmyposhfan,

Thank you for your review on the Hilton York following your recent stay.

I am pleased to read you and your family had a good stay and found my team to be most friendly and helpful. I will be passing you comments on to all my team as they serve as a great motivator.

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Hilton York in the near future.