Spent 2 nights at this hotel. Pros: Very well situated next to the old city. Cons: No air conditioning or way to open window enough to get breeze. Room overlooked abandoned building with lots of pigeon perches and consequently lots and lots of pigeon dung down the side of the building. Beds really really small and uncomfortable with hard mattresses and pillows that could serve as sandbags in the event of a flood. Flat screen TV was defective. Another annoyance was internet cost GBP15 a day for a slow wired service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton York hotel is the 4-star hotel within the city walls and located in the heart of York. Only 10 minutes walk from York Minster, the railway station and other York attractions. Do business in one of 8 meeting rooms and savour European or Tex-Mex food in the 3 bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton York Hotel York
- Hilton International York
- Hilton Hotel York
- York Hilton International