Forget any preconceived Hilton standards at the Hilton York. Having stayed Hiltons in Sweden and Germany this was planned as a one night birtday treat, wished I had not bothered, the location, although near to Cliffords Tower, is also near to a large public car park where colourfulg going-on go on well into the night. The only courteous staff were on reception, the rest have enough attitude to work for a provincial branch of Molton Brown, the choice of menu in the restaurant was limited, and if you had paid for the meal package you had to pick your way through the asterisks to see what was included and what was extra. Breakfast was a rushed and tawdry affair too, not enough space, families in schorts and flip flops slobbing about all over the place.
This was a waste of money, If you want bit of class, AVOID AT ALL COSTS. In fact, scratch York off your list and go to Chester instead!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton York hotel is the 4-star hotel within the city walls and located in the heart of York. Only 10 minutes walk from York Minster, the railway station and other York attractions. Do business in one of 8 meeting rooms and savour European or Tex-Mex food in the 3 bars and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton York Hotel York
- Hilton International York
- Hilton Hotel York
- York Hilton International