- Very friendly staff (couldn't fault them).
- Spacious room.
- Clean and tidy.
- Plenty of parking.
- Good food (nice tasting. Cooked breakfast was one of the nicest I've had in a hotel).
- Nice pool and steam room.
- Just within walking distance of the city centre (working on the principal you are reasonably fit... ish).
- Generally an overall pleasant experience.
- Food was overpriced for what it was.
- Eton Mess was not what I thought it would be, e.g. Eton Mess! It had no berry based items in it :-(
- The hotel was showing its age and needs a degree of modernising.
- The shower was not ideal. It was cramped and dribbly.
- Creaky floor boards.
- Although generally quiet you could hear clearly what was going on in the reception area whilst sat in your hotel room (our room was very near to the reception).
If I was in that neck of the woods again I would stay at that hotel. I would also recommend it to others.
- Free Parking