All reviews swimming pool steam room manager chris city centre lovely pool four poster the hotel manager lovely hotel minute walk trouser press car park the hotel is clean booked this hotel family room good size full english bus stop
Reviewed 25 April 2016

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
KILIMA, Manager at Best Western Kilima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2016

Reviewed 24 April 2016

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
KILIMA, Manager at Best Western Kilima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2016

Reviewed 22 April 2016

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
KILIMA, Manager at Best Western Kilima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel, 15 mins walk to centre. The hotel has 2 strong selling points: firstly there is a parking space for every room, and secondly there is a swimming pool.

The pool is lovely and there is also a small steam room. My room was fine but I have to say it was warm constantly- the window had been open all day and the temperature never altered all night, slept without covers on and this was April. Never once had any heating on. The bathroom was very warm all the time. Not sure I would cope in the summer.

The bar area was nice, the restaurant looked good (I never tried it).

The reception staff were great, however the only thing that stopped me giving this review 5 stars was the fact that I was woken at 07:45 by people talking outside my room on the landing. When I looked I found they were cleaning staff. After getting ready I opened my door at 9am and found 3 cleaning staff still sitting on the landing and chatting (obviously waiting to clean the rooms).

Overall an enjoyable stay.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank NH11
KILIMA, Manager at Best Western Kilima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Dear NH11,

I am gutted we missed out on your five stars and have had words with housekeeping.
I can only apologise and hope that it will not put you off returning to this hotel.
Please give me a call on 01904 625787 an I will place you in the best room I have at the time.

Regards

Chris

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Had a brilliant time in York. Hotel let us leave bags before check in with our train from Newcastle being so early. Had couple of hours shopping before walking back to hotel which took only 10 mins max. Staff at hotel were friendly and personal, making the stay that extra bit special!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew H
KILIMA, Manager at Best Western Kilima Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Dear Andrew H,

Many thanks for your review of the hotel.
I hope we see you soon but we are starting to fill fast so don't leave it to long to
before you pick up that phone on 01904 625787 for the best possible price.

Regards