Ibis York Centre
US$159
US$147
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$104
  • Room Service
US$314
US$213
  • Pool
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$172
US$145
Travelocity
2,042 results
All reviewstrain stationfree parkingwould stay againyork centrebed was very comfortablemin walkwalk in showercar parkingcouple of nightsstayed for one nightshort breakwithin easy walking distancetea and coffeefull englishyogurtleannemicklegate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I booked this hotel for a two night stay / much needed break for myself and my husband. The entrance to the hotel is promising, but we were disappointed when we were shown our room on the ground floor. It was very dated. There were dried blood stains on the sheets and duvet covers, which from their location we guessed were the result of housekeeping having had a cut finger while changing the beds. The staff member on reception was very apologetic and gave us keys to move to the adjacent room as she was too busy to sort the sheets at that time (she was also serving at the bar). However, this room was worse than the first room and had a very stale smell. We decided to stay in the first room and the staff changed the sheets later. The TV remote was faulty. The bathroom (wheelchair accessible) flooded when the shower was used. The water surrounded the toilet! The worst thing about the stay was the quality of sleep. The bed was ok but the noise was very bad. The room was at street level so there was a lot of noise from traffic and people passing by during the night. We had to turn off the ceiling mounted heater as the persistant noise was irritating. There was noise from the bedroom above due to creaking floor boards and whistling water pipes, and persistant noise throughout the night from heavy doors banging throughout the hotel. I finally got to sleep at 5am. At 8am the next morning I told staff I had no intention of staying for the second night and asked for refund. I was offered a move to a "quieter part of the hotel" and I said I couldn't risk another sleepless night.The room rate was £119 for the first night and £52 for the second.I was offered a refund of £52 for the night we were going to move elsewhere, but insisted on at least £85 to enable me to get a room elswhere for one night. We then spent most of the morning searching for alternative accommodation. Very disappointing staff and not the relaxing short break we had planned.

Room Tip: Ground Floor rooms very dated and noisy (due to creaking floor boards in rooms above / clashing doors / proximity to lift / ceiling mounted heater / adjacent street noise).
1  Thank Wendy H
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave you review.

I am sorry that you seemed to have such an unpleasent stay with us.

You are correct that my housekeeping team should have noticed the rust stain on the bedding, which had come from the laundry company, I have insisted that my head housekeeper has carried out re training with her team regarding this issue.

If you had of reported any of the other issues you have mentioned in this review we would would have done our best to rectify them.

I am pleased to hear that you managed to find alternative accomodation in the city.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

We booked this Hotel last minute just for a quick break. The Hotel was clean and tidy, the staff helpful and friendly. Our room was basic but very nice and all in all it was a great base for a stay in York and the bonus is the Carpark. Spaces may be limited but you can just park up and leave your car and walk into Town. Takes no more than ten minutes to walk into the Centre of town so you can enjoy all of the ameneties and there are plenty of places to eat close to the Hotel before you even get into the centre. Breakfast is served from 6.30 am till 10 am and caters for every taste from full cooked to cold meats and cheese if that takes your fancy and is buffet style. We would definately stay here again when we next come to York.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and would like to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

My wife and i stayed at Hotel Ibis York for two nights in February.My wife who is head judge of The West London Hula hoop Society had to judge an event in Tadcaster.The hotel was easy to find,just a short walk from the railway station.The hotel in all areas were very clean,our room was up in the eaves on the 3rd floor.The room was comfortable and well equipped.The only disturbance in the night was the hum of some sort of extractor fan on the roof.It was by no means a problem and it was hardly audible above my wife's snoring.The staff were extremely courteous and professional,they all seemed to be locally sourced which made for a refreshing change.If you want a centrally located, clean budget hotel with friendly helpful staff,choose this one.We are hoping to return in 2014 for The Yorkshire Hula hoop Extravaganza and will definitely stay at Hotel Ibis York.

4  Thank Dan W
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

I am pleased to hear that the hotel facilities suited your needs during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in 2014 (just give me a call if you need us to provide ear plugs during your stay!)

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Reviewed 23 February 2013

The only problem I had with this hotel was that it was a bit hard to find in the dark from the station, even though it was so close. My fault for not having a proper map with me really! The room was small, but despite that I decided to keep my bike there after unpacking the panniers and could still move around well enough. This hotel is a short walk from Micklegate, the station and maybe 10 minutes on foot to the river. There are chain restaurants and cinemas nearby as well as a Sainsbury's extra in case you've forgotten anything, and the room was clean and tidy. If you want lots of space, it's not for you, but for a single traveller who just needed a base for the night and a good breakfast, it was ideal. No need for a car for getting into and around the city, lovely breakfast buffet which was only £5 if you paid on arrival, (it was more when I booked online as far as I can remember, so be aware of this).

TV reception wasn't great, and only a few channels worked, but that wasn't an issue for one night, news was available, as were major channels, so it was fine. Internet access was only wired and available if you paid, no wireless which was a bit of a pain. £9.99 for films and wired broadband per night, which is fairly standard, but not for me. Local bars ad restaurants have wifi and the atmosphere there is good too, so why not just go out?

All in all, the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and had everything, but a tad on the small side, and was generally a "no frills" experience that I couldn't fault considering I got a good deal on laterooms for it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I will mention the issues you experienced with your TV to my maintenence manager who will be able to ensure that these problems can be rectified.

I apologise if you were not informed about our free wifi access in our public areas.

Should you visit us again in the future please fee free to contact the hotel directly where we can allocate a larger room for you if it would suit your needs better.