“Ideal for a weekend break”
Review of Ibis York Centre

Ibis York Centre
Ranked #39 of 47 Hotels in York
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Ideal for a weekend break”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The staff from the start were friendly and helpful, the 2 rooms we booked were of good size and clean. It would have been nice to have a few more channels on the television but the beds were comfortable and the rooms warm. The breakfast next morning was excellent and great value and if booked the previous day even better value. The hotel is ideally situated for York centre and we will definitely staying again in the near future

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Thank you for your very positive review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and would like to direct you to our ibis website for the best possible rates for future bookings.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Thai first
Aberdeen
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Firstly lovely friendly staff, great value and a 10 minute walk into the centre of York, I have absolutely no complaints considering the cost of the room and breakfast (Very nice and extremely polite young lady arranging the breakfast buffet, full credit here again for great staff). No negative feedback but hotel could possibly do with a lick of paint but generally clean and tidy, I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your kind review, which I will pass onto my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis in York in the near future.
Burnley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

A quick check in by friendly staff, a good sized bedroom with a king sized bed and bathroom with a walk in shower. Bar/dining room clean and modern design, a good choice at the buffet breakfast.
The hotel is situated 15 mins walk from York city centre, 10 mins from York station, 20 mins from York railway museum and 20 mins from the race course.
Overall a well kept hotel in a good position. One minor "blip" the heating in the bedroom could have been better when we visited on a very cold weekend!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I will ensure that my maintenence manager carrys out a full check of the heating system in the hotel, so please let me thank you bringing this issue to my attention.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I didn't stay here, but attended a three day conference in one of the function rooms.

From the outset the staff were pleasant and helpful, consistently. The hotel had all the basic amenities that I wanted, and people who were staying here told me that the rooms were clean and comfortable: one complained that parking in the hotel car park was limited; parking in York generally is not cheap, and the traffic wardens are enthusiastic...

This is a good, clean budget hotel in a very good location for those wanting a handy base from which to explore the city.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts regarding your recent conference.

I am pleased to hear that everything was satisfactory during your recent time with us.

I would like to welcome you back for a stay with us in the future.
Ackworth, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I have stayed in many hotels over the years, but this has to be the dirtiest, worst place in which I have ever had the misfortune to stay. The bedrooms had dirty kettles, filthy carpets covered in some strange white powder and mould at the skirting boards. The carpet was a filthy, muddy brown colour and so badly stained that the best treatment would be to rip the carpet up and burn it. The bathroom was mouldy and had brown stains in the shower area. When the person in the room above had a shower, the water leaked through the ceiling, pouring through the bathroom light fitting and also into the hall. The water was coming through two places in the bathroom and no-one seemed to care. This hotel was so bad that I would never set foot in it again.

Room Tip: I would avoid this place at all costs - dirty, dirty hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Elizabeth M
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

As you have stated, you did inform us about the leak from the room above and as far as I am aware you were offered a change of rooms which you declined, until the 3rd day of your stay. Please be assured that my team do care when it comes to guest satisfaction and will always do their very best to rectify any issues that occur immediatly.

I am sorry that you thought your room was dirty but during numerous conversations with both myself and my reception team these issues were not mentioned and if they had of been we would have rectified the situation for you.

Please accept my apologies for any distress caused during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these York hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Excellent and pleasant central position (can walk into York's very core - its only hundreds of yards outside the city walls). Free parking. Good modern bedroom and ensuite. Modern reception rooms. Good sitting area downstairs. Excellent breakfast in good surroundings, and from early until 10.00 to eat it. Will use again.

Very slight downside: slight hum heard in the bedroom (318). Looked out of the window and saw the heat exchangers on the next door property.

What a contrast with the Travelodge where I stayed in Leeds the previous night (see review Leeds Central).

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
It is always a pleasure to hear that we are making our guests happy, so thank you for your kind review.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Excellent value for money, this is the 2nd time we have stayed here and it won't be the last. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable. Big bed, hair dryer, lots of towels and a fan heater . . . . . . great for drying off wet coats as it rained the whole time we were in York. The buffet breakfast is as good as any we've had. It was Mother's Day on the Sunday morning and all the ladies were offered a glass of rose, what a lovely touch. Staff are all polite, knowledgeable and really helpful. Complimentary newspaper each day with a cheerful good morning!! For a budget hotel we would recommend certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 307, side view over the roof tops, bathroom separate from the bedroom as the room...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
I am happy to hear that you have chosen to visit us for the 2nd time, hopefully not your last.

Being a mother myself I know its the little things that matter, so I'm pleased that you enjoyed your sparking wine with your breakfast.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.