“Lovely enjoyed my stay”

Ibis York Centre
Ranked #40 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 18 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed for one night very comfortable hotel very central within easy walking distance to york city centre the breakfast had lots of choice if you like a full english small amount of parking at rear of hotel there is a 24hr parking 2 mins walk from hotel which was only £5 a day when we stayed.the room we stayed in was comfortable with a decent shower pleanty of hot water. would stay here again when we visit York.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us last year. it would be great to welcome you back again this year for a repeat visit.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed here on return from our honeymoon. Free parking, very pleased to get a space. Upon arrival, staff were very welcoming and kind.

Room was better than expected, spacious and clean. Bar very reasonably priced and good decor. Nice to relax in as peaceful.

Helen was also lovely and chatted to us, she give good advice about where to go.

Would definitely stay here again, thank you!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Thank you for leaving such a lovely review.

i am pleased that you chose to stay with us following your honeymoon. Just like the rest of my team I will always assist all guests the best I can, we do like guests to pick our brains, thats what we are here for!

I wish you all the luck and happiness for your married life and would like to take the opportunity.
to meet you again for any return visits to our beautiful city.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

The staff from the start were friendly and helpful, the 2 rooms we booked were of good size and clean. It would have been nice to have a few more channels on the television but the beds were comfortable and the rooms warm. The breakfast next morning was excellent and great value and if booked the previous day even better value. The hotel is ideally situated for York centre and we will definitely staying again in the near future

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your very positive review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and would like to direct you to our ibis website for the best possible rates for future bookings.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Firstly lovely friendly staff, great value and a 10 minute walk into the centre of York, I have absolutely no complaints considering the cost of the room and breakfast (Very nice and extremely polite young lady arranging the breakfast buffet, full credit here again for great staff). No negative feedback but hotel could possibly do with a lick of paint but generally clean and tidy, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your kind review, which I will pass onto my team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis in York in the near future.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

A quick check in by friendly staff, a good sized bedroom with a king sized bed and bathroom with a walk in shower. Bar/dining room clean and modern design, a good choice at the buffet breakfast.
The hotel is situated 15 mins walk from York city centre, 10 mins from York station, 20 mins from York railway museum and 20 mins from the race course.
Overall a well kept hotel in a good position. One minor "blip" the heating in the bedroom could have been better when we visited on a very cold weekend!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I will ensure that my maintenence manager carrys out a full check of the heating system in the hotel, so please let me thank you bringing this issue to my attention.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I didn't stay here, but attended a three day conference in one of the function rooms.

From the outset the staff were pleasant and helpful, consistently. The hotel had all the basic amenities that I wanted, and people who were staying here told me that the rooms were clean and comfortable: one complained that parking in the hotel car park was limited; parking in York generally is not cheap, and the traffic wardens are enthusiastic...

This is a good, clean budget hotel in a very good location for those wanting a handy base from which to explore the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts regarding your recent conference.

I am pleased to hear that everything was satisfactory during your recent time with us.

I would like to welcome you back for a stay with us in the future.