Ibis York Centre
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Pool
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$90
HolidayInn.com
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
US$224
  • Breakfast included
US$289
US$167
  • Pool
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$96
  • Room Service
US$155
US$133
2,054 results
All reviewstrain stationfree parkingwould stay againyork centremin walkbed was very comfortablewalk in showershort staycar parkingcouple of nightsstayed for one nightwithin easy walking distancetea and coffeefull englishyogurtleannemicklegate
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stayed in a massive family room with sofa . Bathroom clean but furnishings in bedroom looking tired and curtains needed ironed and were stained. Bed very comfortable. Floorboards uneven and creaked alot conscious i was disturbing those below me. Placed in adjoining room open on my side locked on other side which as single female traveller didn't reassure me. Maintenance walked in after one knock early pm gave me a fright to do a routine room inspection. These checks need to be done before check in when room is not occupied. Noise in early hours folks going to bed after clubs shut. Odd layout stairs and individual floors which was confusing for even sober guests. The staircase needs brightening up and new carpet. Reception area and cafe breakfast area much newer more modern and bright. Good value on breakfast buffet deal. Good service at reception. Wifi free and efficient. Good deal unlimited movies and broadband. Not very central a good 10minute walk into York itself but handy for train station. Would only stay again if promotional rate but prefer somewhere more central.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank phoenix73
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of the hotel.

I have passed on your comments to my housekeeping team who will look into the issues you have mentioned.

I have spoken to my maintenence manager who has not changed his timing for compleating his room checks to avoid disturbing any guests in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

My hubby and I chose to stay here to break up our trip south.
We never regretted our choice.
I had became unwell on the trip down and the manager let us book in early, and we were very grateful for this.
Our room was in the back of the hotel, a very quiet location.
When we opened our door it 'slammed' shut so we thought that is all we would hear all night with other rooms.
It was so quiet, never heard a thing.
I had a few things that I needed in the room, more pillows, we like lots, tea coffee and tea.
All these things brought to the room with prompt attention.
The bathroom had a walk in shower, very very clean.
The shower came with body wash from a dispenser, a good touch.
Big fluffy clean and fresh towels.

We took a few trips to the lobby, a nice fire , big comfy sofas and the staff so pleasant and eager to serve, which is not usual for the ''big city''.

We had the breakfast option.
Now this was so good, we enjoyed it a little too much but left full for the rest of the day.

We would recommend this hotel in a heart beat.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
-Helen-Eades-, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

I am pleased that you enjoyed you recent stay with us. We do tend to be a popular stop over point when travelling long distances.

Please note that we will always do our best to check guests in early, but even more so when they are not feeling well. I do hope that your back is feeling better.

I would love to welcome you back in the near future to explore our 'big city'

Reviewed 23 March 2013

This hotel is about 7-10 mins walk from York train station and 10-15 mins walk from the city centre. It's close enough to be convenient but without the noise of being right in the city centre.

I stayed in room 333 for 2 nights. The staff were extremely friendly and polite on arrival. The hotel lobby and restaurant were clean and tidy. The room was basic, but clean. There weren't many towels when we arrived, but when we mentioned this, the staff immediately found more. In the morning they left a bag of clean towels outside the room as well - more than we ended, but much appreciated anyway!

The room had twin beds, small wardrobe, desk, kettle, tea/coffee, tv and shower. The pressure on the shower was excellent.

Whilst not really a criticism, the room was a bit tired looking. It could do with a coat of paint; it was obvious the walls had been bashed by numerous suitcases over the months/years. However, it was reasonably priced and provided somewhere to get a decent nights sleep. I would certainly consider staying there again if I was in York.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

We are always pleased to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us.

Marks left behind from suitcases are always an ongoing problem, which we do try to rectify as soon as we see any marks left behind.

I would like to take this oppertunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

I have recently spent a night at the Ibis York and would go back if the price was right.

Positive points are:
Free Car parking: The hotel has about 30 spaces at the rear of the hotel. We arrived about 11:30 on a sunday and parked up, we couldnt check and the hotel had no problem with us leaving the car there before we could check in. They also didnt have a problem letting us leave the car there after we checked out which was excellent as it saved us parking costs and the hassle of moving it to another car park.
Location: the hotel is about 3 min walk to the walls and about 10 walk to the centre. there are a number of great pubs close to the hotel to unwind in after a long day exploring.

Negative:
Standard of Room: The room its self was fine if youre just sleeping there but you couldnt realx in there as one of you would have to sit on the bed. The room didnt seemed to have been cleaned very well with cup rings on the bed side table and the cups needing a clean before use. The room was very cold but they did have 2 plug in heaters which was very handy but quite strange as never had a heater in a room before let alone 2 of them. So either the room is allows cold or they just knew that it was going to snow.
There was also no telephone in the room to ring down to reception as they had only given us one towel between two so it was abit annoying having to go down to reception to ask for another. On the plus side they did send more towels up very quickly.

1  Thank crell1982

Thank you for your review.

I'm pleased to hear that the hotel location suited your needs during your stay.

We do provide extra heaters in all our rooms due to some guest liking their rooms warmer than other. I am also pleased to hear that the team found a solution to your issues immediatly.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com