“Needs some TLC and a good clean.”
Review of Ibis York Centre

Ibis York Centre
Ranked #41 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 4 January 2014

As a budget hotel it ticks all the boxes. Reception, bar and restuarant are all great, modern, bright and clean. However corridors, carpets and door frames all need some TLC and a lick of paint . Facilities in room were as expected but towels need to be replace with bright white large fluffy ones. Also both roos we had had crumbs paper and dust under beds which had clearly not been moved to hoover underneath or behind and dust also on skirting boards and T.V. stand.
Staff were very frienly and attentive and breakfast was ok except for sausages! Also told that breakfast was £6 if wee booked in advance and more expensive if we just turned up. However were not told how much this would be and no information in the room or at reception to explain this. With a little more attention to housekeeping details this would heve been a great review!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Makevy
-Helen-Eades-, Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your review.
I have passed your comments to my head housekeeper in order carry out immediate improvments in the areas you have mentioned

Write a ReviewReviews (2,005)

Reviewed 3 January 2014

got this hotel for 45 for twin room. stayed in December. close to centre 10 minutes walk. rooms clean and big enough. corridors are dated but rooms and bar area lovely. great to have a drink before heading into town. reception staff very helpful organised taxis for us. great palce to stay for a night out in york

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
It is always a pleasure to hear that the staff have left a lasting impression on you.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Good rooms and a very goods nice sleep. The buffet breakfast sure smells good and is delicious and teh staff are very friendly and knowlegegable. It's a short walk to the city walls and we walk along them into the city

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive review.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
-Helen-Eades-, Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

It's been awhile since my stay at the Ibis. I have stayed at several hotels since then and it's still one of my favorite hotels of all time. I compare all my hotel stays to my experience at Ibis York Centre.

This hotel has it all. The room was beautiful, spacious and clean. The bed was so amazing there was an ever present temptation to forgo adventuring in York so that I could simply lay in the bed all day.
The bathroom was as beautiful as the rest of the room. As well as clean and fully functional, it had a modern and refreshing shower that was great after a long days sight-seeing.
The general decor if the room was modern and practical. Clean lines and crisp visuals greet you and really add a high-end, premium feel to the Ibis.

The service at the Ibis was always friendly, and gave me personally a welcoming family-type feel when I interacted with them.
The hotel staff was helpful with knowledge and assistance that is typically required by a foreign guest.
They often hailed cabs and carried the luggage for me and my fiancée. It truly was the type of service experience that I would expect from a 4 star or better hotel.

Besides the beautiful room and bathroom, which may be an acquired taste do to its ultra-modern decor, their are two specific examples of why this hotel was the best I stayed at during my four month trip to the UK.

1. The location: this hotel is literally one of the best possible locations in York. It is on a main road that is literally a 5-10 minute walk from central York and the Minster.
You can either walk up the street along cobble stone streets lined with local stores and eateries or you can take my personal preferred route(provided its daytime) and walk along the old medieval walls that make York, York - truly spectacular.
The hotel is less than a 3 minute walk from a main access point to the walls that take you up above the street and showcase some of the best scenery in the city.

2. The second and additionally spectacular feature of this hotel is the breakfast buffet offered.

THIS IS A MUST HAVE

The food was always: fresh, hot, plentiful and most importantly DELICIOUS. I cannot recommend this enough. If you enjoy a full breakfast before a long adventurous day, than this add-on option to your stay is a must. I personally had to give the manager kudos every morning as this was the highlight meal of every day for me.

In summary, if your staying in York and want to stay at a 4-5 star hotel but only wish pay for a budget-PRICED room, the Ibis in York will deliver an experience far beyond its modest cost, I personally swear to it!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your 5 star review.
It is always such a pleasure to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us.
I will ensure that the whole team are aware of your review, whom I'm sure will also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Ibis is a decent quality budget hotel ... Normally
This one in york is only 20 mins walk to the centre so well positioned
When we arrived at the room it was stone cold all heating off, in December we froze for an hour whilst it heated up with a fan heater!!!
The room was small but adequate
Reception staff very efficient and friendly
In the room I was disappointed to see mildew rising up the wall from the skirting 12 inches up the wall it was disgraceful
Overall the hotel looked tired

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.
We have recently had an issue with our heat overnight in December, which has now been fully rectified, I apologise if this impacted on your stay.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Due to our train being cancelled due to the weather we found ourselves stranded in York. The staff at this hotel couldn't have been more helpful. Managed to find us a room at a decent price incl breakfast. The room was basic but spotless and breakfast was lovely and fresh. Would stay here again if ever in York.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Leenie0902

I am pleased to hear that the team managed to help you our when you were stranded due to the train delays.
Should you wish to book with us again in the future please feel free to contact the hotel directly or visit the ibis website to find the best available rates.