“Better than most Ibis hotels” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis York Centre

Ibis York Centre
Ranked #37 of 46 Hotels in York
Burntisland, United Kingdom
“Better than most Ibis hotels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have stayed in quite a few ibis hotels and I general they are ok for a nights stay but find them very clinical with little else. I found this hotel much better than most ibis hotels.
This hotel has a great location 5 minutes from city walls, the staff were very welcoming and the hotel although the corridors are a bit dated was very clean with decent size rooms.
The staff were very helpful and made the stay a good experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
-Helen-Eades-, Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for once again choosing to stay at ibis hotels.
I am pleased to hear that the team at ibis York made a difference to you during your stay.
We will be shortly updating our corridors, so I am confident that you will be pleased for any future visits to us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Thai first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Great budget hotel. Allows dogs in. Dog allowed in bar which is where you can have breakfast. Breakfast brilliant, great choice. Ok nearly £8 but well worth it as one of the best breakfasts I have had in a hotel. Rooms clean plus comfy bed. Staff could not be more helpful. Hotel is great value for money for the location as only a short walk into the centre. Plus free parking which we got easily. I would stay here again plus recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for letting others know that you would recommend staying with us.
I hope that I get the chance to meet you during your next visit to York.
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed at this Hotel last year November 2013 for a few days after our wedding... It was a very clean, room, room cleaned and sheets changed every day, clean towels, coffe, tea and biscuits chnged every day, The staff were all lovely and very helpfull. and as a budget Hotel, this year we will be back for our 1st Anniversay....

Room Tip: Just ask for what ever you are looking for, The IBIS staff will do eveything to make your visit spec...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for leaving your feed back.
I am pleased that we could help to make your honeymoon special and look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary.
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Only stayed one night en route elsewhere but wish it had been longer. The hotel is really good value, the room was spacious and in the old part of the hotel overlooking the street but not at all noisy. Everything was spotless, the only complaint was that the flat screen tv was hard to see as the room was long and thin. Comfy beds at one end tv at the other but no big deal. Bar area was nice and welcoming and the free parking is amazing in York centre. Hotel well located, quite a few bars and restaurants around and a short walk to the city centre. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay again, next time for longer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Beverley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed here back in April of this year for a week at around 800 pounds and was very pleased indeed. Accommodation room was cleaned every day, bins emptied, nice free biscuits and tea and coffee making facilities topped up! Bed was very comfy and the breakfast was delightful. Everything ranging from full English to continental.. including cold meats, bread and cheeses. Nice reception area, free wifi and parking facilities free of charge to residents. Would recommend this hotel to anyone! About a 15 min walk into the centre of York, but busses available near the hotel. Only complaint is that 3 doors down from my room on the first two nights it was abit noisy but I doubt that would happen again.. just luck. Enjoy your stay! :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
-Helen-Eades-, Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your very positive feedback.
I am pleasedto hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to welcome you back in the near future.
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

For a budget hotel I do not expect much, but I was still disappointed with this hotel only because of one factor which made a big impact on me - there was mildew on the window which effects my skin condition. Other than that i found the hotel perfectly adequate and could have rated it higher. Most people would probably not notice the mildew, but for me it was an issue.

Cleanliness was good, but the rooms were outdated, with rust on fittings and could have benefited from a refurbishment. A pleasant enough hotel, with a very swanky looking reception and good facilities. Beds are comfortable, but just being in a room with mildew makes me itchy so my sleep was not the best. Location was ideal for those who are ok to walk. Its just outside the old city walls and very close to the train station. It takes around 15 minute walk to the city centre and all its attractions.

I could not say about the breakfast as we did not eat there. Staff always seemed polite and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.
I will ensure that my head housekeeper carrys our a though check of all the rooms in the hotel for mildew, although I suspect that this is a one off occurrence.
I'm confident that should you visit us again in the future you will have a hassle free stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Very friendly welcome on arrival at the hotel.
I read the ibis 15 minute promise and thought that is a big statement.
After visiting the local corner shop I realised I'd need a fork to eat the meal so I asked at reception. A fork appeared in seconds. Well done!
Then I asked for an extension lead. The young lady went off but returned quickly without a lead but asked for my room number. At this point I thought not to worry.
I'd just got into my third floor room when there was a knock on the door. When I opened the door there was a for young lady from reception with a 4m extension lead in her hand. Absolutely gob smacking service.
Top maks to the reception staff and ibis!
So, for me, the 15 minute promise is true!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael H
-Helen-Eades-, Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for your feed back, I personally know that the team work hard to ensure all our guests have a pleasent stay with us, but please allow me to thank you for acknowledging this point.
I hope that you choose ibis hotel in the future, where I'm sure you will have an enjoyable stay.